Kettle SRIS Hose Kit, NOS Kettle Oil Line.

Roger Ackery

Re: Kettle SRIS Hose Kit, NOS Kettle Oil Line.

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Ian, thanks for clearing this up,greatly appreciated ;) I think if Suzuki made them today they would sell quickly,as would radiator crash bars :tw ;)
Long running posts on here in regards to leaking & repairing the Oil Spider
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
rodent

Post by rodent »

Yes Ian, thank you for clearing that up for Roger.

But with Respect Ian, I know which "oil hose" Roger and I are both talking about.

Below is a copy of an invoice from a Suzuki dealer(I have quite a few dealers within close proximity to me and deal with them all) that I contacted for pricing.
As I stated in an earlier post, the "oil hose" 16820-31031 was $88aud list($97.40aud including tax) when the dealer sold his last one on February 19th 2019. So anyone who bought one from a dealer on or prior to that day was paying around $97.40aud......Or less.

In Roger's original(un-edited post) he was suggesting that it might be worth up to £200($355aud), which is 3 1/2 times what was paid for the item from a dealer. That said, folk are well within their right to ask whatever they like for stuff that they own as is their right.

Maybe it's just me but I feel it's in poor spirit and camaraderie to blow the price out by 3 1/2 times for like minded fellow "enthusiasts", when at the end of the day isn't what that these groups are started for, to help other like minded folk out? Not for a quick earn? :(

PS: If you read this Ian, I'd just like to say thank you to yourself for the amount of effort you've put into these scooters and others scooters and putting it to print for us mere peon's to hopefully glean something and get our steeds up and running with some originality still intact 8-)

Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

As Ian pointed out a fair few Dealers have them listed around the World,but that dose not mean they are sitting on the shelf waiting to be sold :tw Just like to say the one that I had was "given" to me by an old customer of mine back in 2003.
The one I have now was bought as a spare by mistake, a friend of mine with a GT550 ordered the wrong one back in 1978 or so.

So it's been Decades as most of us know on here that you could actually get one from a Suzuki Dealer.
It's not uncommon in the Automotive Business to be showing 2 or 3 of a certain part "in stock" but find it physically not there when required,when stock levels get low you can't trust the computer figures, or In the good old days of the card index system

Regards,

Roger.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.