GT750J Left Outer Exhaust pipe wanted

johnbennettgt750j

GT750J Left Outer Exhaust pipe wanted

Post by johnbennettgt750j »

I am looking for a good usable Left Outer complete exhaust for my GT750J. I am also looking for a black end cone for an outer exhaust for the same bike. My bike is a vgc but unrestored US import and the exhaust system is a little bit battered but very sound except for the Left Hand Outer pipe which unfortunately is perforated with rust towards the bottom of the pipe around amidships. I have covered the hole with a reasonably discreet small patch of gun gum and have been running around like this for approx two years but the corrosion damage is starting to spread with micro holes appearing further forward in a more noticeable position as well. I ordered a pipe from a well known bike breaker but was not satisfied as it had a loose section of broken baffle rattling around inside. I do not want to go down the after market expansion pipe route if I can avoid it as I love the rocket booster look of the original system. I would like to find one outer exhaust pipe end cone. Obviously I am aware of the rarity of what I am asking and that the bits I want wont be cheap!
John
barney01

Re: GT750J Left Outer Exhaust pipe wanted

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
johnbennettgt750j

Re: GT750J Left Outer Exhaust pipe wanted

Post by johnbennettgt750j »

Update is that I have opened the wallet and ordered the LH outer pipe from Twowheelspares (will report on results) and also a very reasonably priced (?) repro rear end cone from a gentleman in Australia. Note to self - make sure end cones are on tight before next visit to the pub. I had a nice pint, but it worked out a bit expensive!