Exhaust needed.

2strokejohnny

Re: Exhaust needed.

Post by 2strokejohnny »

thanks for that ordered some and +1 on someone in Wombwell will be getting an invoice in the post :D John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

canaletto5 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:52 am
stevewharton wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:29 am
2strokejohnny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 pm Steve have you a clicky link for the stuff,John
Hi John, the product I went for after searching ebay for what sounded the best, and the best price of course, is - ABRO - RTV - clear high temp' silicone sealant - in an 85 gram tube. £4.49 with freepost. Item number 284055029700. Of course I won't know how good it is until I've used it, but rest assured if it doesn't work someone in Wombwell will be getting an invoice in the post ;)
HTH
Don't forget the labour charge
Best not push it Kev, if I know him he's probably already got his legal team (his missus Lynn, to save money :roll: ) preparing a case against me for defamation of his good character ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

2strokejohnny wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:34 am thanks for that ordered some and +1 on someone in Wombwell will be getting an invoice in the post :D John
I'm hoping it works as suggested on the small leak on my exhaust, but what's left won't be wasted :o (phew) as it has other uses on the bikes, ie, engine gasket sealant and an inspection cover on the Enfield that has to be sealed after setting the tappets :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
malky

Post by malky »

A few years ago I did a temporary repair on the bottom seam on my right hand top pipe using Araldite - the temporary job lasted for twelve years until it was welded up when I had the system rechromed - so I'd plum for - i
Araldite - its also lasted for years on a small puncture hole on the Gt185 silencer
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi Steve, what about a competent welder. Surely someone could put a spot of weld or braize on,to close the hole, without damaging the exhaust. Have seen it done many a time to old British bikes when the exhausts become unobtainable.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

malky wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:55 pm A few years ago I did a temporary repair on the bottom seam on my right hand top pipe using Araldite - the temporary job lasted for twelve years until it was welded up when I had the system rechromed - so I'd plum for - i
Araldite - its also lasted for years on a small puncture hole on the Gt185 silencer
When this leak first appeared I attempted to seal it using a two part metal repair product called "Wagners Epoxy-A-Leak". It came highly recommended by my brother, who's in the refrigeration industry, needless to say it didn't work and I've tried other products too which have also failed, so fingers crossed for Alans suggestion.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:08 pm Hi Steve, what about a competent welder. Surely someone could put a spot of weld or braize on,to close the hole, without damaging the exhaust. Have seen it done many a time to old British bikes when the exhausts become unobtainable.
Hi John, if Alans suggestion doesn't work I'll look into the possibility of getting it brazed, after I've sued him for wasting my time of course ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

There's some in B&Q at 11 quid odd, but apparently does up to 1100 degrees C. Bit dear for you lot though, it seems.
That's the type of stuff we used to use on the incinerators and cremators when I was a working bloke (been retired 5.5 years now :shock: - where's the time go when you're having fun, eh? I did retire 8 months early mind, I'd had enough of all the health & safety paperwork crap!)
Of course as consultant to the mentally retarded Dimbo from Grimbo, I bear no responsibility for the recommendations as t'was a suggestion, not an instruction.
Same goes for anyone else......... :roll: I do know a couple of girly types called 'Sue' though, lovely ladies they are.
The other stuff his brother told him to use was "Wagners Epoxy-A-Leak" according to the earlier post.
Well, 'exhaust' starts with 'e' , so that why it didn't work - he should've shoved it up his 'bottom' obviously, turned into a balloon and changed his name from farty warty........ :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:36 pm There's some in B&Q at 11 quid odd, but apparently does up to 1100 degrees C. Bit dear for you lot though, it seems.
That's the type of stuff we used to use on the incinerators and cremators when I was a working bloke (been retired 5.5 years now :shock: - where's the time go when you're having fun, eh? I did retire 8 months early mind, I'd had enough of all the health & safety paperwork crap!)
Of course as consultant to the mentally retarded Dimbo from Grimbo, I bear no responsibility for the recommendations as t'was a suggestion, not an instruction.
Same goes for anyone else......... :roll: I do know a couple of girly types called 'Sue' though, lovely ladies they are.
The other stuff his brother told him to use was "Wagners Epoxy-A-Leak" according to the earlier post.
Well, 'exhaust' starts with 'e' , so that why it didn't work - he should've shoved it up his 'bottom' obviously, turned into a balloon and changed his name from farty warty........ :lol:
Are you related to Professor Stanley Unwin by any chance? Or, seeing as you've mentioned "bottoms", could it be you're afflicted with verbal diarrhea? :shock:
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

stevewharton wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm
canaletto5 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:48 am Agbrigg's will strip the chrome so you can get it welded, then re-chrome once it's done.
Tried getting in touch with Agbriggs for a quote but their website keeps crashing, then Alan H :ugeek: rang me to recommend using clear high temp silicone sealant, so I've ordered a tube off ebay.
If it works I've saved a small fortune, but if it doesn't that's £4.75 he owes me ;)
Another suggestion was to ask Delkevic if they'll sell a single pipe, worth considering :?:
He quoted me £350 to rechrome one exhaust!! says he does them all the time