Carb to airbox rubber.

stevewharton

Carb to airbox rubber.

Post by stevewharton »

Does anyone have one of the above for an "A" model kettle they can sell me? Just spotted one of mine has a split.
Was going to buy a full set of six until I saw the price, I'm still feeling faint :o
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
2strokejohnny

Re: Carb to airbox rubber.

Post by 2strokejohnny »

think there's a bit of yorkshire in you steve, just spend some of that cash you got under your mattress :D ,John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

You're right John, my grandad was from Hull, but I do think I've been seeing too much of Alan and it's starting to rub off ;)
You're also right about spending some of the cash from under the mattress, cos I'm fed up of having to use a step ladder to get into bed :roll:
But if I haven't found a spare carb to airbox rubber soon, then it's £140 I'll have to splash out for a full set of six :o
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:32 pm You're right John, my grandad was from Hull, but I do think I've been seeing too much of Alan and it's starting to rub off ;)
You're also right about spending some of the cash from under the mattress, cos I'm fed up of having to use a step ladder to get into bed :roll:
But if I haven't found a spare carb to airbox rubber soon, then it's £140 I'll have to splash out for a full set of six :o
Wuh,
Ay Baz got one for sixpence ha'penny ! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Scotch, I tried Baz first but he hasn't got one :(
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Have a word with Richard, he made some for his hippo.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Richard did tell me about that, he bought some (dead cheap :D ) rubber pipe fittings from his local plumbers which did the job, I'll have to ask him for the details.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Richard, re' the above, can you remind me what you used, that is what you asked for, where you bought them from, did you have to modify them and are they the same ones from carb to barrels?
Cheers mate and yes I know I could've rang you and asked for the info' but at my age I need it in writing or I forget instantly :roll: