Selling My Kettle

sheetytim

Selling My Kettle

Post by sheetytim »

The time has come to get rid of my kettle I think, It is a runner and superbly tatty, with a terrible rattle can paint job. but it does have some good points.
not sure what it is worth, would appreciate advice to this effect.

It is a uk bike registered 1976. I've had it for about 7 or 8 years, it has Gold Melber Alloys and new wheel bearings fork stanchions and chain and sprockets, it has an after-market radiator I liked the look of (the original is there also).
the engine has a small coolant leak, which I haven't fixed as the engine is running really nicely.

the only bits it is missing to be out back to standard is an air box (currently K&N types), Chain Guard, and choke lever.

to be restored properly to mint condition, it would likely need a top end rebuild, and the carbs cleaned through, this said it is running nicely at the moment.

I would like to get round to fixing it up myself, and bought it with the intention of designing and building my own expansion chambers for it, but life seems to keep getting in the way, If I can find a good home for it where it will be loved and fixed up ( either cafe racer'd or restored i don't mind as long as it is loved) and a fair price, it will go.

I just don't know what a fair price is.

I shall work on adding some pictures
thanks for any advice
tim
seriesone80

Re: Selling My Kettle

Post by seriesone80 »

PM sent
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Ahm selling my kettle too ! :lol: :D
seriesone80

Post by seriesone80 »

But that's a Dunstall you told me last week Scotch
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

sheetytim wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:26 pm The time has come to get rid of my kettle I think, It is a runner and superbly tatty, with a terrible rattle can paint job. but it does have some good points.
not sure what it is worth, would appreciate advice to this effect.

It is a uk bike registered 1976. I've had it for about 7 or 8 years, it has Gold Melber Alloys and new wheel bearings fork stanchions and chain and sprockets, it has an after-market radiator I liked the look of (the original is there also).
the engine has a small coolant leak, which I haven't fixed as the engine is running really nicely.

the only bits it is missing to be out back to standard is an air box (currently K&N types), Chain Guard, and choke lever.

to be restored properly to mint condition, it would likely need a top end rebuild, and the carbs cleaned through, this said it is running nicely at the moment.

I would like to get round to fixing it up myself, and bought it with the intention of designing and building my own expansion chambers for it, but life seems to keep getting in the way, If I can find a good home for it where it will be loved and fixed up ( either cafe racer'd or restored i don't mind as long as it is loved) and a fair price, it will go.

I just don't know what a fair price is.

I shall work on adding some pictures
thanks for any advice
tim
Wuh,
My advice is let us know oo u am fust :D
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
ah bet he sells his bike before me.......efffin' charmin' :o
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

seriesone80 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:03 pm But that's a Dunstall you told me last week Scotch
Wuh,
yes, but it's still a kettle in Dunstall clothing ! :o
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
Ok, does anybody want to buy a standard kettle and I'll tek the Dunstall kit orf !
Same price and I'll throw the kit in ! How good's that ?
sheetytim

Post by sheetytim »

seriesone80 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:51 pmPM sent
For some reason I can’t reply to the PM, but could read it. Have added photos, coolant leAk is head gasket I think. To scared to take head off as it always starts fine.
Oh and I drilled the discs.
Attachments
063F882D-C547-4D56-A69B-D648383E847F.jpeg
298E0AFB-989E-4851-B4D6-C26262F524F2.jpeg
82F9850B-EA38-4AF3-A045-6D92A2086AE1.jpeg
seriesone80

Post by seriesone80 »

Sourced one as i didn't get a reply Cheers