ebay...

BAZ

ebay...

Post by BAZ »

Tip of the day don't post anything you sell on eBay till the money arrives in your bank, they are holding on to money claiming they need account verification and ignoring you when you provide it. They are holding a lot of my money for 2 months now. They have no problem taking money from your bank. And the commission charges are now ridiculous.
julian

Re: ebay...

Post by julian »

I just sold parts on ebay and they even took a cut from the postage costs .
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Since they changed their rules, I've refused to give them my bank details and don't sell through them.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teazer

Post by teazer »

Looks like ebay decided that they had a monopoly and started charging like a wounded steer, but realistically, where else is there to buy and sell parts and bikes?

I hear people say to use Facebook Marketplace, but that requires you to sell under your own name and you have to use FB for messages and that isn't something I want to be doing. It's another monopoly.

So what is a better solution?
Gr8uncleal

Post by Gr8uncleal »

I have to say that I was very sceptical when they changed from using Paypal (although, of course, Paypal is owned by ebay). However, for the value of the items that I sell (usually less than £100), the total costs under the new system is a gnat's whisker lower than the previous combined ebay/Paypal ones.

Regarding ebay transferring money, for my account they are now doing this next working day. When the new system was first set up, I did have to change the funds transfer frequency from weekly (on a Tuesday) to daily.

Baz, your banking issue sounds like one specific to you, although they need their arses kicking if you have given them what they want.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Seems I am talking to a computer.
Gr8uncleal

Post by Gr8uncleal »

If you have time, have a ferret around in their warren of "contact" screens for a telephone number. If I remember correctly, I had a similar issue to you, but with Paypal, and once I managed to get through to a human being, they were really helpful and the problem was quickly sorted.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

thanks
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

I recently found the contact us button. You click for a call back. Got a call in 2 mins. Very helpful gentleman. Got a refund of £50 of fees, in my bank account within a week. I must admit I was surprised to get to speak to someone as easily as that. It's harder to get through to our doctors surgery :D

Paul
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
willowden

Post by willowden »

Ebay customer services , 0345 2813229.
They will call you back if preferred 👍