Fuel level tools - Evans Ward

teazer

Fuel level tools - Evans Ward

Post by teazer »

I'd like to shout out to Evans Ward in Macon, Georgia.

A few weeks back, a guy was struggling to set his float heights and I suggested that he set the FUEl level instead. You have all seen me making that point time after time. I have images on my PC but I decided to search for an online image of how to set fuel levels so that I could just post a link.

One image came up with an ebay link to a set of float bowl adapters, so I stopped what I was doing and ordered them. When they arrived I saw that they came from Evans Ward, so I just wanted to thank him. I have no idea if he makes them or just happened to have a spare set, but they are what every GT750 should own.

Forget the hit and miss of setting float levels and hoping that the fuel level will be right. It rarely is. Get a set of float bowl adapters and get the fuel level right. I now have different adapters for different carbs and this set are by far the simplest and nicest.

Cheers mate.
barney01

Re: Fuel level tools - Evans Ward

Post by barney01 »

Yes have been using one for a couple of years :D
https://youtu.be/xnAMl5282WY
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
EvansWard

Re: Fuel level tools - Evans Ward

Post by EvansWard »

Thanks teazer for the compliment. I have limited supply for the GT750 LMAB on eBay now. I put them together but now need to source another supplier for the brass adapters as the one I was using has gone up on pricing. I also sell these for Mikuni VM carbs and have a good supply there. Fuel level height is critical for a good running 2 stroke!

Based on teazer’s great suggestion, I am no longer selling a kit containing multiple lines/ adapters as just one is all that is needed as the line with adapter attached can be moved from carb to carb. This will allow these to get in the hands of many other enthusiasts. $7.50 for one line with adapter shipped CONUS with payment by gifted PayPal.
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV
1984 Yamaha RZ350