2021 Clinic Rally.Betws-y-Coed

stupot

Re: 2021 Clinic Rally.Betws-y-Coed

Post by stupot »

Stupot and Son more like Steptoe and Son. We are riding down Saturday staying 2 nights at Garth Dderwen Hotel . Only my younger son Ciaran has ridden pillion on my bikes, Robert the older son has never riden pillion even though hes the wild one,( he looks just like me apart from the tattoos on his face) and hes looking forward to it and so am I. I I will warn him to be his on best behavior .
Im hoping to attend on my newly restored A .
Ive sold my J to my racing driver friend for a large sum of money so I might buy you all a round. And Ill tell Robert to leave his drugs at home .
everyones a winner
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
Greetings everyone.
Welcome to Richard's gig in North Wales. Thanks for coming up with a rally mate. (Southerner's are allowed to arrange one. Ok). You build it they will come !!
He's asked to come up with a couple of runs for the rally. So I'm going to show you some Tesco runs around Wales. :lol: Only joking.
If anybody has any input, it will be rejected by order of the entertainments and outings manager. (that's me then :D ). As elected by the committee (sorry, wrong club, same letters....GT750 :o )
Thursday, arrival day. Just settle in the hotel's that your in. Maybe come to the Gwydyr hotel, where quite a few of us are staying later to meet up and discuss our ailments. I mean stories of biking stuff !!
Friday, we'll set off 10.30 and have a short run up to Llandudno. ( 40 mins...20 on mah kettle !). We'll go to the top of Great Orme (big bike park) and cafe.
If that doesn't suit you then do as you please. (It's your holiday/break). Maybe meet at Mostyn Broadway Coach park at suitable time to return. Or do your own thing. Just let us know.
Will give details of places and contact when we meet up. Doe worry, ah'll luk after ya woe I......ahve ad a beer ay I !
Saturday, we'll set off 10.30.
Hopefully, this map will be on view to all..........not a prob, I know where we're going. :o

.https://goo.gl/maps/LymqN4GyPRQVjmnm8

Will update, if any changes occur.

Cheers Scotch & Cas X.

ps, o by the way. i have a Dunstall Kettle for sale. If yow day know !!
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
It hasn't quite come out as I wanted it to.
So, fust stop will be Caffi caban cafe. Via A5 up to near the A55 past Bethesda.
With photo shots from the Pont Pen-y lyn bridge (5 mins walk..10 with yow lot :D ) from the cafe car park. (FREE)
Then onto Beddgelert. We stop at car park on approach to town. Before Saracens Head pub. (FREE). We walk...yes walk to Beddgelerts grave.....Do your research !
Or, as usual. Do your own thing.
Maybe an hour and half here.
Then on to Porthmadog. Park at Station Hotel car park...(FREE) I think ? for Lunch stop. 2 hours ?
Then onto Antur Stiniog car park. (FREE) Basically a cafe ! toilet stop 15 mins ?
Then back to Betws and our bases. The old ones can av a kip !!
We should all meet at the Gwydyr hotel later for much merriment and banter and other loads of s...t !
Mandy and me might be doing a quiz or two......I know, "i ain't coming now". Just talk then !!!
Total run should be approx 5 hours ish. With stops.
There is a short cut via A498 to Capel Curig from Beddgelert. If you want to cut it shorter.
But R wow. !
Hope it all meks sense. If it doe, blame Richard. He sed cum up wiv a run
Scotch X.
ps, av u noticed anything about the car parks. Just a quiz question ? !
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Scotch750 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:36 pm ps, av u noticed anything about the car parks. Just a quiz question ? !
They've all got cars in 'em? Remember BPM - bike parking matters.

And I like 'free'.....
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

So being a JAB decliner am I still persona none grata :tw
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

https://goo.gl/maps/XhtDNwggJvSH74e16

Try this map instead.
The A4085 stop is actually the car park just before The Saracens Head pub at Beddgelert.
kettleteko

Post by kettleteko »

Hi, got my pass out and will be at the Ferns Thurs / Friday night, bad news, Katie Kettles poorly...again, Baz is going to work his magic !!
Can we arrange the weather like last year

Cheers

Mick
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I'll try and sort some fine Lincolnshire weather like we had at last years rally, but it is in Wales so don't expect miracles ;) Only joking, I'm sure it'll be okay.
Really looking forward to this one :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

just spoke to my daughter who's on holiday at Betws-y-coed and she says the Gwydyr hotel looks amazing, as is the weather this bank holiday weekend.
Lets hope it stays that way for our rally :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

This years Rally is now getting close, If anyone is unable to attend could they please let me know asap.
Richard,
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.