Lincolnshire rally 2020

stevewharton

Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by stevewharton »

Okay so here goes, it looks like I may have inadvertently put myself forward (pressganged more like, thanks Alan :roll: ) to organise the 2020 Kettle Clinic rally, (four pints and I'm a pushover :shock: ) I do have a bit of experience at organising an event like this though, so fingers crossed I'll be able to meet the standards set by previous organisers of this prestigious event.
Up to now I've been concentrating on trying to find a suitable place for us all to stay, not easy! Finding a hotel that ticks all the boxes, that is location, price, food and a bar, safe secure parking for the bikes and a place that has a bit of character but is also prepared to accept a gang of mature bikers ;) , is a bit of a challenge. I've compiled a list of possible places around the North Lincolnshire area that meet the above criteria, but I'm still looking and will whittle the final selection down to two or three places after I've been and had a proper look. I'll then make a decision as to what I think will be the best choice, or possibly ask for a democratic vote from all who want to attend.
As for the rally dates, I'm hoping to keep to the same time as 2019's Yorkshire event, that is late June, with the intention of fitting in Saturdays Suzuki classic bike day at Cadwell Park and once this date has been confirmed I'll be able to also confirm the rally dates, the days will stay the same that is Thursday to Sunday. I also have several other exciting 8-) ride outs planned, which I'll reveal once the hotel has been decided on and dates confirmed.
I'm using 2019's list of attendees as a rough guide as to how many people will be staying at the chosen hotel, so as I said earlier, "watch this space" for updates and confirmation.
Regards to all, Steve Wharton.
P.S. any suggestions re' hotels or ride outs, please send me a PM for consideration.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Harrymail

Re: Lincolnshire rally 2020

Post by Harrymail »

Great news. Count me in Steve :)

H
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

Sounds good :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Lynn and me definitely Steve.
(You didn't take much arm twisting - it probably happened after that 4th pint - more of a fallover I reckon..... :roll: )
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Can I come promise to buy a round..
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

The more the merrier :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
wardy

Post by wardy »

i'll be there Steve. trying to think of venues.
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
Haggler

Post by Haggler »

Nice one Steve, count me and Mandy in
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Good response thus far, anyone else? I'm looking at the last thursday to sunday in June 2020 if that helps with planning. I've been in touch with Cadwell Park to see if a date has been confirmed for the 2020 Suzuki classic saturday and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. On the hotel front it's still early days, but I have found a couple of strong possibles.
Thanks for the suggestions sent to me, please keep them coming.
Cheers, Steve W.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Okay a bit of a setback with the Suzuki classic day at Cadwell park 2020. I've been in touch with Cadwell and Suzuki and nothing has been finalised yet, both say that a date won't be agreed until January 2020, plus it's not a definite fixture anyway.
As a place for us all to stay needs to be sorted asap, I can't wait until January and risk losing a block booking, so I intend to carry on with my search for, hopefully the ideal venue and get it provisionally booked.
Of course the Cadwell Park event might fall on our rally w'end and if not then it can be attended anyway if you want to at some other date.