Newark auto jumble

stevewharton

Re: Newark auto jumble

Post by stevewharton »

Generous to a fault :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:24 pm Very disappointed to be missing this event at the Newark showground, which has had the plug pulled because of a spike in covid cases in the area.
Disappointed for two reasons, the obvious one being not meeting up with my biker mates and the second, not getting a pint out of Alan H. :( ;) :lol:
Just had Septembers Classic Motorcycle Mechanics mag through the letterbox, with a big ad' for yesterdays Newark autojumble, saying "Normous Newark is go."
Well as we know it wasn't go, it was no go, cancelled last week due to a covid spike in Newark and probably after CMM had gone to print.
So now I'm wondering whether another upcoming show advertised in CMM for the 10th and 11th October, the Classic motor Cycle Show at Stafford, which has already been cancelled twice, will be cancelled again.
I'm really looking forward to that show after everything else that's had the plug pulled this year, (apart from the Clinic Rally :D ) but I won't be suprised if it is scrapped again and that'll be a right b#gger. :x :cry: :( :shock: :twisted:
Last edited by stevewharton on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
malky

Post by malky »

stevewharton wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:33 pm
stevewharton wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:24 pm Very disappointed to be missing this event at the Newark showground, which has had the plug pulled because of a spike in covid cases in the area.
Disappointed for two reasons, the obvious one being not meeting up with my biker mates and the second, not getting a pint out of Alan H. :( ;) :lol:
Just had Septembers Classic Motorcycle Mechanics mag through the letterbox, with a big ad' for yesterdays Newark autojumble, saying "Normous Newark is go."
Well as we know it wasn't go, it was no go, cancelled last week due to a covid spike in Newark and probably after CMM had gone to print.
So now I'm wondering whether another upcoming show advertised in CMM for the 10th and 11th October, the Classic motor Cycle Show at Stafford, which has already been cancelled twice, will be cancelled again.
I'm really looking forward to that show after everything else that's had the plug pulled this year, (apart from the Clinic Rally) but I won't be suprised if it is scrapped again and that'll be a right b#gger. :x :cry: :( :shock: :twisted:
Can't see Stafford happening Steve ,the way things are going I can see another lockdown coming - can you imagine the volume of people that would be at that show it would be impossible to social distance properly - I certainly wouldn't go even if it does go ahead - on another note should have been off to the Isle of Man
this morning but the way things are going I think it will be touch and go if next years TT and Classic take place
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

You've got a point there Malky, there's a lot of covid spikes around the middle of the country and while further lockdowns might not be enforced, how many punters will be prepared to take a chance, especially us old gits. :?
So if the Stafford show organizers don't cancel because of the risks, they may cancel because of the possibility of lower takings, :roll: