Newark auto jumble

stevewharton

Newark auto jumble

Post by stevewharton »

Anyone fancy this on Sunday August 16th?
Talking to Steve (Mutley) yesterday and he's going, he said Reg from RB kettle bike spares will be there, so he's picking up a part for his special.
I usually go to the first one of the year in January in the car (bloody freezin), but if the sun's shining on the 16th I'll take a ride down there on one of the bikes.
Hows about it Richard, Alan, anyone?
£7 aint too bad Alan. :o :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Re: Newark auto jumble

Post by Alan H »

Sounds like a plan. Toss up whether it's car or bike though - depending on what I need at the time!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:Sounds like a plan. Toss up whether it's car or bike though - depending on what I need at the time!!
That's the problem with bike jumbles/shows, go on the bike and your bound to spot a bargain that's too big to carry, go in the car and you buy nothing. :roll:
But it'll still be a good day out for a catch up and some good humoured and sarcastic banter. :roll: :lol:
No need to tell you that before 10am it costs more to get in? No didn't think so. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Anyone else for Newark on Sunday? How about you Richard? Was hoping to go on the kettle if the forecast's okay, otherwise it'll be the GSX or the car. :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hmm forgot this. Might have to go from the caravan. Hopefully the weather will be kind, but I'll tek me 'at'n'watterproofs justin case!! :lol:
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

just seen on facebook newark autojumble this sunday has been cancelled
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

B*gger.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Yep that's a definite, double bu*ger. :x
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Very disappointed to be missing this event at the Newark showground, which has had the plug pulled because of a spike in covid cases in the area.
Disappointed for two reasons, the obvious one being not meeting up with my biker mates and the second, not getting a pint out of Alan H. :( ;) :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:, the obvious one not getting a pint out of Alan H.
Don't worry Steve, I'm in the pikey truck now, so I'll sup it for you. It won't be wasted. In fact, I'll have another for you tomorrow to prove what a nice guy I am!!! :lol:
Last edited by Alan H on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.