Re: South Leverton bike night.

stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Nearly 4.30pm and the sun's still shining in Grimsby, so I think I'll risk a run out to Levertons first bike night of the year, anyone else going?
P.S. If it does rain it can't be as bad as the Friday ride out at our recent rally, can it? :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote=stevewharton
P.S. If it does rain it can't be as bad as the Friday ride out at our recent rally, can it? :roll:
[/quote]

Oh yes it can :roll: left our house at 5.15pm and realised I was riding into something nasty, turned back and was chased home by a massive thunderstorm. Just got my nicely cleaned kettle back in the garage and the heavens opened (not usually that lucky).
Shame for Leverton though, first bike night in 18 months and the rain gods p!ss on their parade :(
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I saw a similar black cloud and decided to read a book instead. Haven't got the hippo clean after llandudno yet...... :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Oops, double post. :oops:
Last edited by Alan H on Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote="Alan H" Has that starter settled down ok Steve or was you on the tractor?[/quote]

Starting problem sorted Al', with a starter clutch repair kit and two new needle roller bearings, it's such a massive improvement FAB sees me walking into the garage and the engine starts before I press the button :roll:
As for the Enfield, it's so good FAB has had to up its game to match it ;)