West Stockwith bike night.

stevewharton

West Stockwith bike night.

Post by stevewharton »

After the disappointment of Wednesdays Leverton bike night downpour and with the sun shining yesterday, (Thursday) I decided to have a rideout to the Waterfront inn at West Stockwith, between Gainsborough and Doncaster. A good ride for me at about 46 miles and a good selection of bikes there, including a few classics and older. It's on every Thursday evening through the summer and there's a food hut with a good selection of grub. Well worth a rideout, especially if Wednesdays Leverton is rained off. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Rhencullen

Re: West Stockwith bike night.

Post by Rhencullen »

I've been a few times Steve and it's usually a good night. The pub is in a nice location and their prices are reasonable. I couldn't go yesterday though, as I was at Knowsley Safari park with the tribe.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

See you there sometime Martin, now I remember where it is, probably about 8/10 years since I was last there, so cheated and used a satnav :roll: Went on my recently repaired kettle and it ran like a dream :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
wardy

Post by wardy »

I've been a few times recently, but didn't go last week. if the weather's ok this week, I'll be there on probably my GT380.
always a good blast along the Trent side and full of classics as you say; cheers
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Andy, see you there sometime, but after looking at the 4 day weather forecast maybe not this week :roll: