2022 Kettle Clinic Rally

stevewharton

Re: 2022 Kettle Clinic Rally

Post by stevewharton »

mick 63 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:20 pm 4 nights for me and Audra please , just out of curiosity do they do lodges just for 2 people ? cheers Mick. ;)
Thanks for the prompt replies lads, (anyone else?)

I'll ring them in the morning to make a provisional booking and ask the question about smaller lodges and any other queries we can think of.
Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

cheers Steve, they advertise smaller lodges sleep 2 people £300 for 4 nights , woodland rooms , double room with king size bed , cheers mick.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Okay I'll ask when I ring them in the morning.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stupot

Post by stupot »

count me in , One single .
everyones a winner
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Morning all, as promised I rang Woodland Waters early today and spoke with a nice lady, re' booking lodges for our 2022 rally and she told me that the owner is going to ring me to ensure that we get exactly what we need. Meanwhile I've had another look at their website and there are smaller lodges available, which do work out a tad more expensive per person than the larger shared lodges, and they do require full payment when booking, whereas the larger lodges only require a deposit of £100.
So when I speak to the owner I'll initially try to reserve rooms for 16/20 people and then it'll be up to all who want to join in the fun, to contact Woodland Waters asap and pay a deposit or full payment to secure their place. (I hope that's all clear) As a reminder the dates are, Thursday 9th June to Sunday 12th June 2022.
As I said before, the last time I stayed there a few of us bikers had a good chat with Stuart, the owner, who told us that he'd had a long association with biking and if I remember right, had taken part competitively in some form of racing, can't remember exactly which but off roading springs to mind. He also has bike clubs staying for rallies regularly and weekly bike meets at Woody's bar, the campsites pub and restaurant, so should suit us perfectly. :D
If anyone can think of any questions to ask the owner when he calls, please let me know asap, and as soon as I've spoken with him I'll update you all.
Cheers Steve W.
Last edited by stevewharton on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks Steve and sorry for the delay in replying but have not been in touch recently due to a fishing holiday up Scotland.

It looks great and count me and Chris in for 3 nights Thurs to Sun in a 2 person lodge if possible

Thanks and regards Jeff
GT750A
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

4 nights please me and Carmy...may be another couple, cheers.
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi Steve, good job sorting out this. Put Nuala and myself down for 4 nights please.

Cheers, John.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Typical, we'll be in Spain then, so it'll be quiet for you anyway.
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:38 pm Hi Steve, good job sorting out this. Put Nuala and myself down for 4 nights please.

Cheers, John.
Hi John, good to hear from you, I hope you're both keeping well and all this covid sh!t doesn't cause any more travel problems for you.
Still waiting for the call from the Woodland Waters owner re' booking, but as soon as I know what's happening I'll update you all.
Good response up to now with 15 names on the list, but where's Scotch and the Liverpool contingent?
Steve W.