Eastham wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:32 pm Is Guernsey south enough :D
R, set it up then :shock:
Ok, I’m in
Anyone else?
stevewharton

Re: 2022 Kettle Clinic Rally

Post by stevewharton »

Just a thought, but isn't Guernsey a bit too far south for a lot of members?
I like Guernsey, we've holidayed there and it would provide some cracking rideouts, but getting all the bikes, vans and cars there would be very time consuming and expensive, might put a lot off.
Just a thought and I'll go with the majority 8-)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Just another thought/suggestion, what about Squires biker cafe/pub in Yorkshire? Have a look at their website, it says there'll be 13 B&B rooms built in 2021, so should be ready for a block booking next year.
Anyone who's been there knows it'll be the perfect place for a gang of aging biker reprobates like us, surrounded by other bikes/bikers and there's some cracking rides around there and over to the east coast resorts. Gets my vote if all the rooms are available and the price is right, perhaps someone local can look into it, Alan H mebbe?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

stevewharton wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:36 am
Just a thought, but isn't Guernsey a bit too far south for a lot of members?
I like Guernsey, we've holidayed there and it would provide some cracking rideouts, but getting all the bikes, vans and cars there would be very time consuming and expensive, might put a lot off.
Just a thought and I'll go with the majority 8-)
Admittedly maybe cost wise more expensive, but I’m sure it would be worth it 8-)
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
We'll av a look at the costs shall we ?
Steve, the sufferners av bin moaning for years and av never dun anything about it !
At least Eastham as put a case forward !
Well done mate.
Anybody around Oxfordshire wanna av a goo ? !
Build it we'll cum !!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am Just another thought/suggestion, what about Squires biker cafe/pub in Yorkshire?
To be honest Steve, I'd sooner stay at the Darrington hotel as we did a couple of years ago. More convenient and secure parking for bikes and food's good too. Prices at Squires tend to be 'uncompetetive' shall we say. If there isn't enough takeup for a suvn rally, I'll do another Yorkshire one if there's interest.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Alan H wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:02 am
stevewharton wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:08 am Just another thought/suggestion, what about Squires biker cafe/pub in Yorkshire?
To be honest Steve, I'd sooner stay at the Darrington hotel as we did a couple of years ago. More convenient and secure parking for bikes and food's good too. Prices at Squires tend to be 'uncompetetive' shall we say. If there isn't enough takeup for a suvn rally, I'll do another Yorkshire one if there's interest.
No ! :lol: :D
Only kidding Al.....not !! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:02 am
Squires was just a suggestion, anybody else have any? The Darrington's fine by me though, as is Betswy-co-ed, but it would be nice to try somewhere different for a change.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Re' the suggestion of Squires bikers cafe and pub for our 2022 rally, curiosity got the better of me and I just made an enquiry about the B&B rooms that are supposed to be ready for booking, I wanted to know what the prices were like and if it was viable, and it isn't. The B&B rooms/lodges that should've been ready now haven't been built yet and they couldn't say when they will be, (the dreaded covid strikes again) couldn't give me any prices either, so it looks like that's a non starter.
As for Betswy-co-ed, just spoke to Richard and he said the hotel we stayed at this year is already fully booked for 2022, so that's a bummer, unless there are any other hotels there that can accommodate us.
So it looks like we're still looking for suggestions guys, is the Darrington hotel high on the list? Certainly do for me, or are there any other suitable places/venues that someone would like to look into?