Frame

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Davedave

Frame

Post by Davedave »

I have a k frame and a j engine was there any difference in the frames just got a basket case 90 percent there thanks Dave
mizzytheman

Re: Frame

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum. Don’t think there is any difference between a J and K frame but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Might be worth giving a little introduction and where about in the country you are as help might be just around the corner.

Our resident silly old sausage will probably ask. :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

What bike? That always helps.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Davedave

Post by Davedave »

Sorry guys I’m in Sydney aus originally from Manchester the bike is a gt 750 , lot to do on it when I start next year , also got a yam rd 350 to do to , thanks
teazer

Post by teazer »

J and K are the same frame according to teh parts lists, LMA are the same as each other but slight differences from J/K and B models had minor differences.

By the way, all the model by model changes are spelled out on Ian Sandy (oldjapanesebikes) web site.
keithbailey

Post by keithbailey »

Early j had a different mounting for the rear brake and foot bracket from later j and k model
KETTLE 750 J
BMW S1000XR
Harley Road King
Honda CB750 K
Lambretta 1964 ser 3