Barton Bike night

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
malky

Barton Bike night

Post by malky »

Just watching Bangers & Cash on Yesterday and these shots came on whose Kettle is it? And is that Steve Wharton in the K Club shirt
Attachments
20200905_115904.jpg
20200905_120006.jpg
stevewharton

Re: Barton Bike night

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Malky, not sure who's kettle it is, but you're right about the old git in the Kettle Club t-shirt.......it's me :D in my happier days, before the club went all military and spoilt :(
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
malky

Post by malky »

Thought I recognised you - nearly fell off my settee :lol: I think the bike might belong to Terry Bowater - see you are a famous TV star now :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Notorious more like....
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

malky wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:13 am Thought I recognised you - nearly fell off my settee :lol: I think the bike might belong to Terry Bowater - see you are a famous TV star now :lol:
Not just TV Malky, local press too. 8-) Just found this photo from the Grimsby evening telegraph about 5/6 years ago.
Of all the thousands of bikes at the famous Barton bike night, the Mayor picked my kettle for the official press photograph.
I think he was drawn to the outstanding paint scheme. ;) Or maybe it was the bribe that did it. :lol:
barton bike night.jpg
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Or he was a fishist.....
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:14 am Or he was a fishist.....
So predictable :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

In that case, thanks for the lead in....
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

He probably sniffed it out from the others :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:02 pm He probably sniffed it out from the others :roll:
Oi don't you start, I get enough hassle from the old yorkie scrote without you chippin in :x