PROJECT TETANUS

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
rodent

Re: PROJECT TETANUS

Post by rodent »

PaulD738 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:01 pm Looking good 8-)
I enjoy this part of a rebuild when all the new shiny bits start arriving :D
You're not alone :D
rodent

Post by rodent »

Bead blasted some stuff today and will blow some black 2k over them tomorrow, taping up the disks was fun :( But the beers afterwards are compensating for it :)

And yes, there is a lot of tape :( I was going finish of with some paper but the tape was closer :(

canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Yep, done a few of them. You end up cross-eyed, even before the beer :lol: Keep up the good work
rodent

Post by rodent »

canaletto5 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 am Yep, done a few of them. You end up cross-eyed, even before the beer :lol: Keep up the good work
^^^^I feel your pain, I doubt the folk you do them for know just how long it takes to get the job done from start to finish .........."It's just a bit of Black paint after all" :(
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

This was fun
IMG_1879.JPG
rodent

Post by rodent »

^^^^:(
rodent

Post by rodent »

Painted the calipers, disks and handlebar switches, they should look ok when they dull off to a satin finish.......Damn I hate painting :(

I'm on holidays at the end of this coming week and am thinking about dropping the tank and other gear off to the spray painter. I'm probably going to start rebuilding the engine so I can get the sucker in the frame :)

As good as it gets if I'm on the job.

rodent

Post by rodent »

Repainted the stuff I did last week as I didn't like the finish :( Touched up my caliper badges(I'll try to put a shine on them when the paint dries), I did buy replacements online but they were just stickers :( And turned on the ultrasonic cleaner that I bought weeks ago........It's awesome :D

rodent

Post by rodent »

Nearly time to throw the frame on the engine :) The bike won't be up to the standard that some of you guys do, but it'll look better than it did.

Can anyone tell me the clocking of the rubber vibration mounts, and which way the cut-out goes for each one please?

burgs

Post by burgs »

Hi
Top job your doing there, did you find anyone to do the crankshaft yet?
I have a spare crank and parts and am thinking of doing it myself, but time is a killer at the moment.
I have a full workshop at my disposal including surface grinders that I was going to use for the jigs, also have CNC lathe, manual lathes and a machining centre at home, but time is a killer for me, so if I could find someone reliable it might be a quicker option.
Looking forward to the rest of your rebuild
Burgs
NSW