Alan H

Re: Tempted by a new bike.

Post by Alan H »

There is some oil in there?? :?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

First chance to get out on the new interceptor today and just got back from a 110 mile "running in" bimble.
Stuck at 4000 rpm max' for the first 500 miles so not tearing up any trees just yet, but 4000 rpm equates to 66mph in sixth gear, so not too bad and a very torquey engine and slick gearbox makes it a pleasure to ride.
A few adjustments to make to brake pedal, gear lever, handlebars and brake and clutch levers, but other than that enjoyed the ride. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Great to hear no major mishaps. :)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Check the nut that holds the handlebars is in order too.... :roll:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm Check the nut that holds the handlebars is in order too.... :roll:
Check the nut that's loose on here more like. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

stevewharton wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:30 pm
Alan H wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:58 pm Check the nut that holds the handlebars is in order too.... :roll:
Check the nut that's loose on here more like. :roll:
You beat me to it there Steve. :D
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

So I quickly reached the 300 mile point on my new Interceptor, where Royal Enfield say you must take your bike to an authorised dealer for its first service.
Not a lot to this service, mostly checking around the bike to make sure nothing's falling off or coming loose, however there are a few important check points that do definitely need doing namely, chain adjustment, oil and filter change and valve clearance check.
Rang my nearest RE dealer at Louth to get it booked in, only to be asked, "Did you buy it from us?" "Nope" I said and was then told, it'll be be 4 weeks before we can do it and it'll cost £175 :o. Needless to say my reply was thanks but no thanks!!!
Not being sure what to do at this point, I rang the dealer at Stafford who sold and delivered the bike to me, and what a difference. He said he could arrange for someone to come to my home to do the service for me, but if I felt confident enough to do it myself he'd be happy to let me do that and stamp my service book for me if I posted it to him.
He told me where to find a full online service manual to download and even said he would send me the oil filter which costs £20 on ebay and is a one off for that model only, for free. What a star he is and he gets a thumbs up and a highly recommended review from me. As for the dealer at Louth, well he'll not be getting any money from me that's for sure. :x
Last edited by stevewharton on Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:22 pm As for the dealer at Louth, well he'll not be getting any money from me that's for sure. :x
Tight git!!
But I reckon a visit to the local dealer and let him have the doubtful pleasure of you (non) sense of humour might be a good starter for 10! :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Mr fishface needs his new bike servicing.
“Hello is that the local Kawasaki dealer?”
“I’ve just bought a new 1000 bhp Kawasaki H2 turbo with Bluetooth, IBM link up and 5G internet connection from another dealer cos he was £50 cheaper and it needs its first service”
Mr Kawa dealer reply’s
“I’m sorry sir we only service bikes we sell“ reply’s mr Kawa dealer.
Undeterred old fishface rings the dealer he bought the bike from.
“Hello I bought my new Kawa H2 from you cos you where £50 cheaper than my local dealer and it now needs its first service. My local dealer won’t touch it as I didn’t buy it from him”
Mr cheap Kawa dealer reply’s
“Yes sir we can help you no problem, do it yourself and we will send you a free can of oil and a filter”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:22 pm As for the dealer at Louth, well he'll not be getting any money from me that's for sure. :x
What can I say? Looks like I've been rumbled. :roll:
In my defence though, I have been spending a lot of time with Alan H. :o :lol:

However Mr Katface, you should have a bit more respect for your elders and betters, especially on my birthday. ;)