Anyone here ?

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Optedout

Re: Anyone here ?

Post by Optedout »

Me too Steve but you haven’t met my wife! 6200 miles so far this year tells its own story! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Optedout wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:03 am Me too Steve but you haven’t met my wife! 6200 miles so far this year tells its own story! :lol:
There must be simpler ways to escape??? ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Yes but not as enjoyable! 200 miles on the kettle then sold it so that tells its own story too! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Optedout wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:40 pm Yes but not as enjoyable! 200 miles on the kettle then sold it so that tells its own story too! :lol:
What's not enjoyable about a kettle???
I've done 100,000 miles on mine and I still wouldn't swap it for any other bike :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:55 pm
(1) What's not enjoyable about a kettle???

(2) I wouldn't swap it for any other bike :D
(1) Where do you want me to start :roll:

(2) I swapped mine for a far better bike and I’ve never regretted it :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:21 pm
stevewharton wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:55 pm
(1) What's not enjoyable about a kettle???

(2) I wouldn't swap it for any other bike :D
(1) Where do you want me to start :roll:

(2) I swapped mine for a far better bike and I’ve never regretted it :lol:
Horses for courses eh Paul and remember this is the "Kettle Clinic". :roll:
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

I swapped it for a better handling and more reliable bike, a Specialized Tarmac pro!
Nothing wrong with the kettle, just done with motorbikes. I stay on here as it’s the only
place in the world where there are other grumpy old gits who don’t want to give what’s
left of our country away. :roll:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Opted' I'll agree you may have a point about handling and reliability, but during the 33 years that I've owned my kettle and the dozens of other bikes that have come and gone during that time, not one of them could match my kettle for character and individuality. :D
There's one thing we can definitely agree on though, there are plenty of grumpy old gits on here, aint that right Paul :?: and Alan :?:
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:56 pm there are plenty of grumpy old gits on here, aint that right Paul :?: and Alan :?:
And Me
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I'm not grumpy yer twonk.
I'm just misunderstood.
So there.
Ner.
axe.gif
axe.gif (19.95 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Proof that four strokes are over complicated