Is summat hiding in among the triples?

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Frankibaby7

Re: Is summat hiding in among the triples?

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:lol: oh an Alan’s head can’t get any bigger :lol: glad I’m a long way away down saaaf :lol: :D
Frankibaby :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Frankibaby7 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:26 pm :D ha ha ha bless him , he’s ok , he’s just mad lol :lol:
Mad as in certifiable??? correct :lol: Looks like you're getting to know him Frank ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D ha ha yes I’m learning, it’s taking a while but I’m getting there :lol: :oops:
Frankibaby :lol:
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Very nice Alan
GT750A
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

peepwall.gif
peepwall.gif (4.04 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
angel.gif
angel.gif (418 Bytes) Viewed 1551 times
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It's very nice in Maui Blue and had a full resto not too long ago, but needs a few tiny tittying up bits to my preference.
And it's VERY standard, but that's easily sorted - except for the side panels which match the tank as they should do imo. Thanks Kev.
Headlamp was standard and I didn't have a 'proper' one for the GT550J, so they are swapped now with a LED unit fitted with a 'halo' sidelight/running light. Nice'n'bright and the halo will save me fitting running lights. The standard headlamp will go on the GT550J when I get the relaquered headlamp bowl & ears fitted.
Got some twin wind tone horns to fit as the original only squeaks...
Otherwise it's ace. Got some engine bars to fit after the local powder coater does their magic and need a rack if anyone has one.
Or if owt else for GS750 is available, I just might 'need' it.......
Managed to do a bit of fettling today, and managed to get about 300 yards up the road before it started raining, so turned round and went back! Nice & smooth (bike too!), and decent brakes. Front end is a bit bouncy, so I'll check what oil is in there and top up with what it says in the book.
Bit of a learning curve to start - literally - as it doesn't like any throttle at all when cranking from cold but settles down quickly.
Otherwise dead chuffed with it, just need some fine weather to go with it.
Where's that global warming when we need it?
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

You be careful, only grown ups are allowed to ride diesels
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:55 am You be careful, only grown ups are allowed to ride diesels
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

canaletto5 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:55 am You be careful, only grown ups are allowed to ride diesels
That must be why you sold it to me then. :lol:

This looks like a straightforward upgrade clicky linky but it might affect the warranty.
Or mebbe, something less noticeable...........
Suzuki-GS750-Turbo-Engine.jpg
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

There seems to be a bit of interest in the LED headlight, so here's the guff about it.

Ebay item 163939965391 . 2 for £30.99.
I've had one on the hippo since August and it' a nice light. The halo is bright and used as a running light by just connecting it to an orange wire that gets power as soon as the ignition comes on. Not used the bike that much since because of lockdown, but it's started regularly and the light is good. As I've just used the second one (on the GS) I might get another pair 'just in case'.
The actual 4 'bulb' headlamp bit is plug & play with the normal headlamp connector that just goes straight on the new unit, and the halo has 2 separate wires, one of which is for 'halo white' and t'other for 'halo orange'.

I haven't checked the current draw, but it will be less than a 'normal' h4 bulb, so won't tax the alternator (or wiring) if the headlamp is used as a running light.

If they're used on an older car (Land Rover, classic mini, sprite etc. that use 7" round headlamps) the halos can be used as indicators (halo orange).
Last edited by Alan H on Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.