Irreg

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
sironimar

Irreg

Post by sironimar »

Irregular running when releasing the gas

I just bought a 750 gt l. A very beautiful motorcycle very well maintained. I am experiencing a problem when running the bike. When the motor is cold the bike runs smooth but when it warms up, releasing the gas, the motor tends to be irregular, I get some short acceleration. If I open the gas it disappears. It is like getting extra air or gas when the butterflies are closed. I balanced the caburators (the intake air flow) and I changed the plugs from thermal grade 9 to 7. It is a bit better but still I have the problem. I do not have points on the ignition but a pick up. Do you have any suggestion on what I could do before taking apart the carburators? Thanks,

Marco
Alan H

Re: Irreg

Post by Alan H »

Slow the tickover to 1000rpm and make sure the carbs are equally set, otherwise the surging is horrible.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
sironimar

Post by sironimar »

It is the first thing I did, The air flow in the three carbs was very different, and I thought to have solved the problem balancing them and reducing the idle. The back and surge was better but didn't go completely avay.
I've been suggested to modify the carbs according to an old suzuki bulletin (back to 76). Apparently the mixture at low rpm should be reacher. This is achieved by reducing to 0.9 the air bypass jets. To do this the I need to slighly modify the carbs according to the suzuki suggestion. I I've bought the jets on ebay in the UK and as soon as I will get them,I will mount them. Do you have any experience with this procedure/ modification? Thanks.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Over to you Baz ;)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
teazer

Post by teazer »

Smart thing to do. I have modified many sets of BS40 carbs and fitting air jets usually reduces surging significantly.

I suspect that Baz has similar experience.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

I pre-drill all the sets I restore tin case required.