Suzuki GT 550 in Poland

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
barney01

Re: Suzuki GT 550 in Poland

Post by barney01 »

Fabulous! Another GT550 rescued!🙂
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
tato81

Post by tato81 »

I was still working on the electrics. Suzuki is working now. I can finally write "I love it" :) I love this bike. Only the horn doesn't work. I must have put it together wrong.
Does anyone have pictures or a diagram of how this should be put together? Nikkon Japan CF-12

The sound of my GT's engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YnyEGrY1Kk

I wanted to take this moment to thank all those who helped me rebuild the GT, especially Alan and all the guys who gave me advice :D
tato81

Post by tato81 »

Guys i have a problem, help. There is air in my oil lines. I did everything according to SHOP MANUAL "BLEEDING OF OIL LINES"
I remove the oil pump and send oil with a oil filler to expel air. But after putting the motorcycle back together and driving a few miles, the air bubbles reappear. Mainly in one line, the longest. Could it be a minor leak in the hose? Or worn out spring and ball? Air appears at the valve itself and the oil has trouble flowing through the valve. The air from the engine seems to be pushing the oil back. This line has been dripping onto the case engine before

This line has been dripping onto the case engine before. See photo from a few months ago:

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It appears that there's a leak on the pipework to that none return valve - possibly where the tyrap is. If you clean the pipe, look for a small crack in the pipework near the joint and 'paint' it with a good quality epoxy glue, or remove the pipe from the non-return valve and sort it properly.The valve can be removed & cleaned too, as they come apart easily - on those valves, the ball inside should be at the pipe side and the spring is at the engine side of the valve - SRIS valves are the opposite.
You should be able to push the air bubbles out of the pipe if the bike is ticking over and the oil pump lever is at maximum and you might spot the actual leak too.
If you need parts, let me know - usual prices to you! ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
barney01

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
tato81

Post by tato81 »

Thank's barney01 ;)
It looks like a valve failure to me. I looked at the line, it looks OK to me. The air bubble can't pass through the valve and backs up. However, I will have to take this valve apart and look through it. Maybe the spring is damaged and that's why the air from the engine is pushing that bubble out. I am afraid not to damage the cable when removing the valve. I will follow the instructions of David Foxall
asco58

Post by asco58 »

I think that the pipe is leaking somewhere because even if the check valve fails to close, the oil shouldn't drip onto the case. I've had similar symptoms before but the oil was just seeping from somewhere and an air bubble appeared. I previously had my oil lines taken off and I cleaned them to find where they might be leaking from and I applied glue to seal the points where I thought it might be leaking from and it seemed to work for some time but it has come back again this week after 6 months or so. I know one of my pipes is leaking somewhere and I've been trying to identify the leak for a long time but I still haven't found it yet :lol: . This is why I have been trying to see if I can replace my oil lines. Sometimes these leaks are not obvious but hopefully you can find the source.
tato81

Post by tato81 »

asco58 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:30 pm I think that the pipe is leaking somewhere because even if the check valve fails to close, the oil shouldn't drip onto the case. I've had similar symptoms before but the oil was just seeping from somewhere and an air bubble appeared. I previously had my oil lines taken off and I cleaned them to find where they might be leaking from and I applied glue to seal the points where I thought it might be leaking from and it seemed to work for some time but it has come back again this week after 6 months or so. I know one of my pipes is leaking somewhere and I've been trying to identify the leak for a long time but I still haven't found it yet :lol: . This is why I have been trying to see if I can replace my oil lines. Sometimes these leaks are not obvious but hopefully you can find the source.
The collet is very loose. It seems to me that the leak is at the very connection of the hose to the valve.
I need to do some kind of leak test. I read about it somewhere, but can't remember where.
I read on oldjapanesebikes.com that the Kawasaki OEM valve part 16128-009 should fit on GT550. Has anyone checked it? It seems to me that there is a problem with the valve, however. The air bubble is pushed from the engine towards the oil pump. Probably there is also a leak as oil drips onto the case
Last edited by tato81 on Wed May 17, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
tato81

Post by tato81 »

do you have any ideas?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I have some bits that will do the job, but we've had family issues recently, so not much 'finding bits in the garage time' recently. I'll get this sorted as soon as poss, but we go away today for a week.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated