Is it just me?

You can chat about anything you like here
canaletto5

Is it just me?

Post by canaletto5 »

Embarrassing to admit but I do, from time to time, forget to turn off my indicators so ride along looking like a right rube.

Anyway, fitted this pair of chinky suckers to the kettle today, nicely tucked away in the headlamp shell
Beepers.jpg
and they work a treat
Alan H

Re: Is it just me?

Post by Alan H »

I didn't realise their terminology started with a 's'........... :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Wuh,
Ride as a car driver perceives you......if you are a car driver ....think ! Am I in the way ?
It's like I hate cyclists.....yes that's right tham bastuds !
Holding up us drivers....Doe they f......n drive and know what an annoyance it is, when there's an empty pavement !! :D
Yes, R know. Your not supposed to ride on the pavement. Give way to pedestrians. (it's their domain, correct !).
So, sorry. Think and concentrate about EVERY manoeuvre.
Including switching your indicators OFF when finished with...Doh !!!
Or, You might get KNOCKED off !!!!
teazer

Post by teazer »

I don't get it. With ear plugs in to dampen the wind noise plus din from the spannies as you thrash down the road, how on earth would you hear those little things? :? :shock:

Please don't tell me you bimble down the road like my granny on the way to the store or just trying not to wake the dead?

I like nice big idiot lights but if they are bright enough for a sunny day - oops I forgot you don't get too many of them - they are way too bright for night riding.

On bikes I actually ride, I tend to replace the left switchgear with something modern so I can push the indicator button in to cancel them. Old bikes, unfortunately don't work so well in modern traffic conditions which means we ride them only where there's not too many idiots in tin boxes or ride early morning or late evening after the dingbats are not on the roads.
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Scotch750 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:04 pm Wuh,
Ride as a car driver perceives you......if you are a car driver ....think ! Am I in the way ?
It's like I hate cyclists.....yes that's right tham bastuds !
Holding up us drivers....Doe they f......n drive and know what an annoyance it is, when there's an empty pavement !! :D
Yes, R know. Your not supposed to ride on the pavement. Give way to pedestrians. (it's their domain, correct !).
So, sorry. Think and concentrate about EVERY manoeuvre.
Including switching your indicators OFF when finished with...Doh !!!
Or, You might get KNOCKED off !!!!
You will love this then mate, sold the kettle and bought this. If I’d known how hated we are
I would have done it years ago! :lol:
A7B2FE26-37B4-4299-AEC4-CB7FAA13719E.png
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

teazer wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:13 pm I don't get it. With ear plugs in to dampen the wind noise plus din from the spannies as you thrash down the road, how on earth would you hear those little things? :? :shock:

Please don't tell me you bimble down the road like my granny on the way to the store or just trying not to wake the dead?

I like nice big idiot lights but if they are bright enough for a sunny day - oops I forgot you don't get too many of them - they are way too bright for night riding.

On bikes I actually ride, I tend to replace the left switchgear with something modern so I can push the indicator button in to cancel them. Old bikes, unfortunately don't work so well in modern traffic conditions which means we ride them only where there's not too many idiots in tin boxes or ride early morning or late evening after the dingbats are not on the roads.
And you are right. I couldn't hear a bloody thing on the road, so I've sold the Kettle :lol: :lol: