Gt 750 carbs leaking

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
nobbyclarke

Gt 750 carbs leaking

Post by nobbyclarke »

Hi just wondering if you could help ,I've checked float heights on carbs & helicoiled all the float bowl threads, I'm testing for leaks with a dummy tank & there is abit of petrol coming through the pilot jet hole on the one carb,I have the dummytank constantly turned on ,is this correct ? Or should I just fill the float bowls & turn the dummy tank off ,also you can't get genuine gaskets for the float bowls & all the aftermarket ones don't seem to fit correctly, any ideas ,cheers adam
Scotch750

Re: Gt 750 carbs leaking

Post by Scotch750 »

nobbyclarke wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:55 am Hi just wondering if you could help ,I've checked float heights on carbs & helicoiled all the float bowl threads, I'm testing for leaks with a dummy tank & there is abit of petrol coming through the pilot jet hole on the one carb,I have the dummytank constantly turned on ,is this correct ? Or should I just fill the float bowls & turn the dummy tank off ,also you can't get genuine gaskets for the float bowls & all the aftermarket ones don't seem to fit correctly, any ideas ,cheers adam
Contact Baz on here.