Another newbie

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Gileraman1

Another newbie

Post by Gileraman1 »

Hi all from North London.
Finally joined cos I decided I need a Kettle as well as the other 18 bikes I have, including you guessed it 6 Gileras. I recently completed a rebuild of a GT550M which is finally running sweetly after some carb shenanigans and I’m pretty please with that, preferring it to the KZ650 I have which feels
My first bike was a CB125 but a mate at college had a Kettle and invited me for my first pillion ride scaring the living cr..p out of me as he took off like a scalded cat on a trip around Box Hill.
So to the flea bay purchase of a 74 candy blue L that needs a full rebuild. Not one of my most clever moments I’ll admit as it doesn’t look quite as good in the flesh as through my rose tinted specs! You would think at the tender age of 65 I would have learnt my lesson but I like a challenge and I know you guys have the knowledge and experience to help me out if needed.
malky

Re: Another newbie

Post by malky »

Welcome to the madhouse! Plenty of knowledgeable folk on here who will gladly help you with your new project
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the madhouse!
And we never learn - I currently have 3 GT550s running plus another resto on the back burner and I'm 7 years older than you. :tw
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Gileraman1 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:55 pm Hi all from North London.
Finally joined cos I decided I need a Kettle as well as the other 18 bikes I have, including you guessed it 6 Gileras. I recently completed a rebuild of a GT550M which is finally running sweetly after some carb shenanigans and I’m pretty please with that, preferring it to the KZ650 I have which feels
My first bike was a CB125 but a mate at college had a Kettle and invited me for my first pillion ride scaring the living cr..p out of me as he took off like a scalded cat on a trip around Box Hill.
So to the flea bay purchase of a 74 candy blue L that needs a full rebuild. Not one of my most clever moments I’ll admit as it doesn’t look quite as good in the flesh as through my rose tinted specs! You would think at the tender age of 65 I would have learnt my lesson but I like a challenge and I know you guys have the knowledge and experience to help me out if needed.
Wuh,
Yow ay got a Gilera Enduro 50cc by any chance av ya mate ?
Gileraman1

Post by Gileraman1 »

Thanks malky, Alan H - the Kettle is already torn down and the engine and a bunch of parts taken up to Phil Jones for an engine refresh and some paintwork. Thank you Phil!

Sorry Scotch750 sadly no enduro only a 50cc trial in bits ( I took it apart and then got distracted :? ) The other Gileras are a very tidy RC600R in Ferrari red, 4 Nordwests (2 standard 558cc, 1 modified 558 and a 350cc which is rare) along with a Saturno.