Please don't hate me!

Post here if you are doing anything different
biggrassboy

Re: Please don't hate me!

Post by biggrassboy »

PS for those that care, those are the original shocks, I just painted the springs gloss black, and for the wheel rims I painted the inner hubs and spokes gloss black as well. Where the plastic side covers were I cut, bent, polished and fit duct work sheet metal I got from a furnace installer. I moved some of the electronics from the left sidecover and put them where the tool box is behind the battery. I also removed the large stock oil reservoir on the right side and fitted a smaller unit which fit flush with the frame (will likely have to fill it with every tank of gas). I also got rid of the stock back fender and mounted the blinkers right to the frame. I cut the front fender back about 4 inches front and back and did away with the support brackets. I also added steel brake lines and put a new rear sprocket with 4 extra teeth, and 1 fewer on the front sprocket. These changes along with the seat, new pipes and removal of the stock air filter really make this bike look thinner and lighter. I hope it goes faster too!
astrax

Post by astrax »

biggrassboy wrote:I won't be testing the bike till spring, as I am rejetting carbs, and it's about - 15C here on an average day. As for the higgspeeds, I did silicone them but won't know about leaks till we fire the bike up. I still have the King & Queen seat (which weigh about 40 damn pounds!). I still have the pipes too, they have no rust but are dented and scratched. Shipping for the Higgspeeds was 85 pounds.

BTW the Higgspeed guy said I don't need to rejet if i use stock airbox, but I have heard different elsewhere. As I am running pod air filters with higgpeeds, any ideas as to jetting???
I have just fitted a set of higgspeeds and K&N's, started off with 117.5 to be safe, I did previously jet mine to 112.5 when I fitted the original Allspeed's ( 1983/4 ish ) with the standard airbox, use to run ok on that.

Have only ridden mine up and down the back alley so can not really comment if correct size, will be a while before it gets anywhere close to using the main jet

Ian
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Ian, it would great to re-feature your bike here as a separate post? Cheers, Mike
astrax

Post by astrax »

yeadon_m wrote:Ian, it would great to re-feature your bike here as a separate post? Cheers, Mike
Hi Mike
Did put some details in other post about the higgspeed, was only commenting on BGB's question about the suggested jet sizes for higgspeeds and non standard filters, guess I could have shortened the answer a bit and said try #117.5

Ian
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Ian, I may have mislead you, all input is welcome and yours is based on experience so especially valuable.

I meant, your very subtle mods to your own bike would be great to be featured again with pics etc - your previous posts were a favourite read of mine :-)

Maybe you posted an update and I missed it, or you've been too busy, in which case apologies, in your own time.
Cheers, Mike
biggrassboy

Post by biggrassboy »

Thank you, jetting info greatly appreciated. I would also love to see a pic of your bike with Higgspeeds.
astrax

Post by astrax »

yeadon_m wrote:Ian, I may have mislead you, all input is welcome and yours is based on experience so especially valuable.

I meant, your very subtle mods to your own bike would be great to be featured again with pics etc - your previous posts were a favourite read of mine :-)

Maybe you posted an update and I missed it, or you've been too busy, in which case apologies, in your own time.
Cheers, Mike
Sorry Mike, didn't mean it to sound funny, I know I do have a tendency to go off on a tangent, so wasn't sure if I was going off track a bit.
on a tangent example, I have now clocked up another couple of miles in the back alley and managed to hit two piles of dog poop so far.

BGB I did post a couple of piccies of the exhausts here
Quality of the photos not too good though.

Ian
biggrassboy

Post by biggrassboy »

Very clean fit... NICELY!
biggrassboy

Post by biggrassboy »

Finally got the video finished of her up and running. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKZcBZkkDTo
piggbandit

Post by piggbandit »

hi mate like it have built loads of specials thats nice,as jetting go up 2 sizes on mains then work down better to start rich