Modified front end

Post here if you are doing anything different
JOHNJENKS66

Modified front end

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi all,can anyone advise on what modern front end can be easily fitted to the GT750,without too much chopping and cutting.

Think I've heard that some GSXR forks are fairly easy to install ???
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
mutisnuts74

Re: Modified front end

Post by mutisnuts74 »

Fitted gsxr600/750 k7 forks to my GT, was quite simple really just need to get bearings with correct dimensions which are standard sizes so no problem finding them and then its just a matter of fabricating the lock stops. see my bike in MY GT SPECIAL thread and blow up pictures for ideas.
JOHNJENKS66

Re: Modified front end

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Thanks for the reply,it was your bike that has actually got me thinking 8-) 8-)

So there was no chopping or cutting involved with fitting the GSXR forks ??? just a bit of welding,for the stops ????

I'm thinking about trying to do one,,a special that is,,but not great at the afore mentioned stuff.
Not planning to go toooo mad,but would like to be able to use modern running gear and suspension.
If you have any pics of the forks fitted to the frame at the planning/first fitting stage,that would be just great :D :D

Again,thanks.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..