Battery

You can chat about anything you like here
fox889

Battery

Post by fox889 »

Looks like my battery has bitten the dust, doesn't hold a charge for long so time for a newie.
I've got a motor factors down the road if needs be, but also ebay has loads on there, has anyone found a good reliable battery on ebay that they're happy to recomend please?
mark.read3

Re: Battery

Post by mark.read3 »

Send Baz a message, he knows but failed to put where he got one from on the good value ebay items section.
malky

Post by malky »

best ones Ive found are Yuasa a bit more expensive but they last a lot longer than the ebay cheapies and spin the motor over a lot quicker- I think Mike and a couple of others on here have had good results with the gel type as well I suppose its the old thing of you get what you pay for.
mal
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

mf battery for me ...................... maintenance free,2sj
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Yes - I chucked silly money at my keeper A model when its old battery got tired and bought a Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS. Income was not a problem at the time :-) and crikey it does spin faster because (esp in cold weather) the CCA (cold cranking amps) rating is the highest that fits the battery box.
Saying that, most people find if the bike is well set up that a simple mid-price MF or even lead-acid battery are just fine. I would recommend MF though - one less old-tech thing to worry about.
Cheers,
Mike