what have i bought?advice please

You can chat about anything you like here
Mr Bonehead

what have i bought?advice please

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Hi have just joined the forum as i have purchased a gt750 and am not sure what type,most of my youth was spend with lc350s and i never realised the beauty of the kettle till now.It looks to be complete apart from decals (just got the cylinder head ones)on the calipers and casings and not sure what original paint scheme was any ideas?,log book says red and white but found old copy showing it was changed to this in the early 80s,all i know is is a 1976 gt 750 spare gasket set says gt750m.Had rear shocks replaced,got the originals but dont know if they are better revamped and put back on to keep her standard or not.
Also got various new hoses for brakes and radiator ,new tyres new electronic ignition,engine been checked out by a cbx honda fanatic,ok,last run 2 yrs ago and new engine bolts are what i can see.Will need various chrome work repaired,although i live in rural france i visit england regularly as the old folks live in Leeds West Yorkshire,also try to get to the bulldog bash at strattford in August so any works i cannot complete here will be done there(,any contacts for rechroming in west yorkshire appreciated).If any member has any parts they think i will be interested in please let me know,hoping to start the renovation after christmas but can purchase relevant parts asap,maybe front and rear mudguards to start.Thanks for your time and any advise will be greatfully received.
Thanks Mr Bonehead
Attachments
DSCF2704.JPG
camper

Re: what have i bought?advice please

Post by camper »

looks like a a model,get thre old shocks done and put back on the bike.
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Welcome aboard. You've got an A model there. If you look in the restored photos and tech bulliten section it'll give you the colours for that year.Most popular being maui blue or candy red.
If you hunt around on this site chances are most answers to your questions are already on here. If theres anything not covered just ask, the wealth of knowledge on here is outstanding.
Mark
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Welcome aboard Mr Bonehead!
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Thanks for that ,when i need chrome i shall give them a call.