Best coolant

Optedout

Best coolant

Post by Optedout »

Evening guys. Is there a consensus on which is the best coolant for kettles please?
I just have distilled water in at the moment after rebuild but have some premixed
vision 35 from Wemoto in waiting. With freezing temperatures not too far away I
thought I should do something. Any experience and opinions greatly appreciated please.
Cheers Dave
stevewharton

Re: Best coolant

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Dave, there's lots of different advice given for your question such as, anti freeze isn't needed if your bike's tucked away in a cosy garage for the winter, plus you can drain the system over winter too. But if you use your kettle in the winter or want to put anti freeze in as a precaution, then only use a brand that's suitable for aluminium engines, as other types could cause damage. If you want to be sure that you're using the right stuff, ask at your friendly local Suzuki dealers, they'll definitely be able to sell you the right product, then go and buy it from ebay and save yourself some £££'s ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Thanks a lot Steve. Very thorough and I hope that’s given you a sense of purpose
until you can get your leg over again! :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Optedout wrote:Thanks a lot Steve. Very thorough and I hope that’s given you a sense of purpose
until you can get your leg over again! :lol:
Hi Dave, not long been back from my first ride in almost six weeks :D just a quick bimble down the coast to Mablethorpe, about 50 miles, but boy did that feel good and no problems getting my leg over :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Fantastic Steve. Really pleased for you and nice that it wasn’t too grim in GRIMsby
today. 6 weeks must have felt like 6 months to you. Thanks again Dave.
Dom45

Post by Dom45 »

bonjour a tous
au sujet des liquides de refroidissement j'ai posé la question a un ami qui est récupérateur recyclage d'automobiles
simplement je me suis dit que comme il démonte de vieux moteurs tout les jour ,il peut controler l'état et surtout la rouille
la réponse est le liquide fiat c'est du paraflu 11 , il resiste a la corrosions de longues années !!!

about coolants I asked the question to a friend who is auto recycling recycler
I just thought that as he dismantles old engines all day, he can control the condition and especially the rust
the answer is the liquid fiat it is paraflu 11, it resists the corrosions of long years !!!