NBT436P

Looking for your old Kettle post registration info here good luck!
kettlesimon

NBT436P

Post by kettlesimon »

Sold this bike @ 10 years ago. It had been fully restored prior to my owning. Would like to find it and possibly seek to buy it back. I attach a couple of photo's of it, also one of my father @ 1976 on his A. This is where my love for kettles started. I was occasionaly allowed to ride it and loved every minute. Once they are in the blood you are hooked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kettlesimon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mick 63

Re: NBT346P

Post by mick 63 »

Hi Simon according to DVLA'S website its on Sorn at the moment but still out there, good luck with you search, cheers Mick.http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor ... =link.next
didge

Post by didge »

Any picture of a kettle's good, but ones from "back in the day" are brilliant, I love the one of your Dad in his Suzuki waterproofs/overalls. :-)
kettlesimon

Post by kettlesimon »

I think ive got a picture of me in my "Ago" replica AGV & yellow barry Sheene racing gloves on my dads GT. Ill have to dig it out. Have found my FS1E picture on the day it was delivered Sept 75. Where did those days go !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
malky

Post by malky »

never seen a candy gold fs1e with a disc brake before ! was it that colour when you bought it ? I always thought the first disc models were custard yellow
mal
kettlesimon

Post by kettlesimon »

Must be the light. It was yellow colour. I remember that my dad originaly commited to a "Baja brown" model, from Tillson's in Thornaby, but then got wind of a FS1E-D from Armstrongs in Middlesbrough (KVN 661P). He bought it for me thinking it was safer, with the disc brake. Not sure what was worse, waiting for the brakes to kick in, or the plastic tyres to skid on the road. Perhaps it was all part of growing up in the 70's. I later owned an MZ ES250/2 Trophy with Avon SM tyres, now there's an experience. I understand that this model was only sold Sept-Dec 1975, after this it became the DX, with the "Kenny Roberts", speedblock tank (and the down tubes). WOW. I kept this until i was 17, then had a GT250A (NPY523P,Candy Gold), followed by an RD400C (REF447R). It seems strange, but i am still 2 strokes until i'm am happy (according to my wife). If any of the bikes mentioned stll exist, please contact me. LOL
yeadon_m

Re: NBT436P

Post by yeadon_m »

KS,
Definitely a classic for the 'Back in the Day' tab - hint hint Baz!
Cheers,
Mike

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:06 pm.