Rhencullen

Re: 2021 Clinic Rally.Betws-y-Coed

Post by Rhencullen »

It's looking a bit wet everywhere today......... :cry: :cry:
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Richard, Steve W, me and associated wenches had a pleasant run from home yesterday to Betws-y-Coed in the Gwydyr Hotel. All been recently decorated etc. and very nice too. Weather wasn't too bad yesterday with just a bit of heavy mist/drizzle going over the tops past the Flouch on the A628. About 45mpg 2 up with a top box & panniers, so ran well.
Today we set off to Llandudno and went up the Great Orme to see the wonderful view of bugger all cos it was very misty and rainy. Rode back to ByC in peeing rain, so it's a good job I fetched several pairs of gloves. About a dozen Kettles and a couple of diesels. Whistle see who turns up tomorrow.
In the meanwhile, it's pub'o'clock.
20210625_161324.jpg
There's rumours that Scotch & Barry might actually start their bikes tomorrow although at least Scotch has got his out of the van.......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
zapo

Post by zapo »

Rain or no rain, I'm still jealous.
Have a great time at the bar.
I had two stroke's and survived.
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

What a lovely lot, that’s the bikes :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Nice sunny day yesterday, so went to Bedelgelert (and somewhere else unpronounceable) then up the A498 which was very windy (as in lots of bends, nowt to do with wind) and called in Llanrwst for fish'n'chips. Nice run.
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

Thanks for the update Alan - pleased to hear that things are going well.

I'm really disappointed that Fridays rain put me off going. I had considered setting off really early on Saturday morning - but don't think my shoulder would have coped with the ride there plus a full days rideout afterwards.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Ne'mind bud, we're enjoying it enough for you as well!

Today's excursion was to Llanfairpg, then past the Swallow Falls to Capel Curig, Llanberis for ice cream and Pen-y-pass. Lynn & I decided we wanted to go a bit further so headed off to Porthmadog via Bedgellert and had a good mooch round and decided to eat at Spooners grill on the Festiniog Railway platform. Nice belly pork pieces & pepper sauce for shared starters, and a rump steak for me and a minted lamb & bacon burger for Lynn. Food very good but portions were far to big, so just ate the meat, onion rings and a few chips + forced a pint shandy down too (driving), all for just over £30. Nearly 2 plates of chips & green stuff left for somebody else another day!
Great food and well recommended if anyone gets to Portmadog.
Came back to Betws via Blaenau Festiniog in just over 30 mins. Really good run except for the moron dragging his brakes at 20mph downhill near the slate quarries. Left him some nice Rockoil smoke to savour....
Averaged 41mpg 2 up again with 1 pannier & top box so happy with that.
Time for 3 'shs' and pub. Home termorrer. :(
Haggler

Post by Haggler »

Thanks to all for great weekend, especially Richard and Scotch for sorting it all out. Great to see everyone again
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Me and our Lass had a great time thanks, its the first time we have stopped over for a Rally and we are glad we did , thanks to all for organising it ,

and we look forward to next years Rally ;) .
Attachments
207495971_204201541585088_2266765633782618689_n.jpg
stupot

Post by stupot »

Thankyou, everyone made me feel welcome. I really enjoyed the ride out on sunday through all those mountain passes. And the evening entertainment was brilliant. Looking forward to doing it again. Stupot
everyones a winner