Classic TT and Manx

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
malky

Re: Classic TT and Manx

Post by malky »

Been pouring all day yesterday (Saturday)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I've got me umbrella packed.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

malky wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:54 am Been pouring all day yesterday (Saturday)
It does not rain in the pub as you well Know ;)
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
malky

Post by malky »

itsnotateapot wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:36 am
malky wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:54 am Been pouring all day yesterday (Saturday)
It does not rain in the pub as you well Know ;)
:D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Oi Richard, are we nearly there yet?
malky

Post by malky »

Just got back from the Crosby after watching todays action - very quiet - only about fifteen people there seemed odd ! - spoke to someone just now said they were at Sulby Glen and there were four people outside watching - I think the powers that be have well and truly mucked the Classic / Manx tt up !
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Weather not been great up to yesterday, but managed to get to Ballacraine to watch some practice. Dunlop really meant it when he went by and others slightly less so where we were at the end of the straight at the right hander. Several broke down on the first lap of practice, then it was red flagged due to a rider coming off - fortunately just with bumps & razes. The second practice session was set to one lap only, due to the red flag incident, then even that was cancelled due to it running late.
I've got achey back disease today, so loading up with ibuprofen and going for a mooch round the paddock in Douglas. Had a nice coffee & choccy bix in Hailwood's caff there - must be cheapest on the IOM, so went down doubly well!!
More practice sessions later today and tomorrow are planned, & the weather is improving, so should be ok.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/62639273

Had a nice coffee & choccy bix in Hailwood's caff there - must be cheapest on the IOM, so went down doubly well!! Bought a shirt from there which wasn't the cheapest, but as Hailwood was my fave ever since I saw him on the 6 at Oulton in 1968, I still thought it was money well spent.

Extra practice sessions planned and Dunlop wasn't fastest lap!! 122.'summat' average best so far, and the track is still drying out. Mebbe higher speeds in this evening's session.

GT550J running well and did over 60mpg on the way to Heysham from home. All right I was only doing a steady 4k rpm mostly 55-60 mph, but I didn't need to be at the pub before 12 for dinner, so no point rushing.
Good craic and lots of bikes, what's not to enjoy?
Rubydog

Post by Rubydog »

An interesting & enjoyable read Alan, I’ve always found the Manx less hectic than the TT & would have loved to have got there again - maybe next year.
As an aside, me & two of my mates went on a trip recently, two Kettles & a Goldwing, the Kettles both did around 50mpg, the Wing did 30. We found this out when it unexpectedly ran out of fuel on the way back !
Enjoy the rest of the trip, & let’s hope the Sun comes out.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Met Simon Hunt (from Scunthorpe) who's racing a couple of 2 strokes. His team is the Pork Pie Power Racing team. Tried to cadge a t shirt, but they refused & gave me one (a t-shirt!) So I gave them £20 for their tea fund. Nice lads & Simon has qualified to race later in the week.
Currently in Ramsey noshing pork belly starter & queenies & bacon for main. Bloody lovely.
Restaurant called Good stuff really recommended.
Down to Parliament square in a bit fir more practice sessions.

Good practice session, but missed Dunlop almost failing to get round Parliament Square. Locked everything up and used most of the road all at once. Superb skill, but so very close to the edge. I realise that's what makes him (and others in the same family) so good, but Jeeez.... I reckon that must have been a nappy changing moment - wonder who cleans the inside of his leathers?

Nice run back on the coast road and forced a couple of beers down to complete the day. Good day's holiday.
Rained overnight, but drying out quickly today, so hopefully more practice sessions later.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Set off for the Kirk Michael bike museum and as I went towards the mountain it got blacker & blacker so started a detour towards Peel. No good as it started to rain, then absolutely pee'd down. Did a quick about face & stopped at a nearby pub to have some coffee while it stopped & watched several bikes running on less cylinders than they actually had. Headed back to the aviation museum at Castleton (which was ok) & back to digs, so really the highlight of the day was breakfast. :(
Ah well, sunny this morning, so the lightweight TT should be ok with lots of 2 strokes. Top speed of one of them t'other day was 161 point summat mph. Not bad for a 250.