South Leverton bike night.

stevewharton

South Leverton bike night.

Post by stevewharton »

Tomorrow night, Wed' 14th is the first South Leverton bike night for ages, so is anyone going to be there to support the Plough Inn?
The weather forecast's looking good and I'll be getting there about 5.30 - to 6.00, see you there :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
itsnotateapot

Re: South Leverton bike night.

Post by itsnotateapot »

I will be there steve.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:45 pm I will be there steve.
Hi Richard, I'll be on the Enfield, will you still speak to me? ;)

Anyone else going?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

Tomorrow has been cancelled Steve as the relaxed Covid system doesn't start until 19th.

The first South Leverton bikenight is on 28th. However there is usually a good gathering at the Waterfront Inn - West Stockwith on Thursdays ( weather permitting ).

I'll be going on my Kettle tomorrow 15th.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Martin, yep Richard and myself found that out when we got there, along with quite a few others who didn't know it had been cancelled. :x
It didn't put us off though, we just got back on the bikes and went to Willingham where it was buzzing. Not seen it that packed for a long time, even the overflow car park was rammed.
So it's the 28th for Leverton, but I'll be checking before I go, because the way the covid delta variant figures are shooting up, there's a good chance that another lockdown is looming. :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

We'd arranged to go to the Waverley pub in Brinsworth where there was a bike show on. Turned out to be the White Rose Triumph Club and unsurprisingly, there was lots of trumpets there - proper ones and newer ones plus several other makes. I voted for a nice 1960s (real) Interceptor or Meteor (dunno all the differences, but it was 'different' among all the other bikes), a Norvin and a V twin BSA. My 550J got most votes in the '70 to '80 class up to about 8pm, but we left then, so didn't win even though it was obviously the nicest bike there. :roll:
Had to get back for a Zoom meeting with my scuba club.......
Nice run out and natter with like minded folk anyway. Squires this afternoon hopefully as it looks like a nice day. I'll give the Earwig a run out for a change - it's been a bit neglected recently what with the KC rally and getting some miles on the Yeti.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

It's East Kirkby airfield for us today, to see and hear :o :shock: the "Just Jane" Lancaster bomber and everything else there now it's fully reopened, then on to RAF Coningsby to watch the Typhoons taking off :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

If that's likely to be a regular thursday run, Steve, I'll be along next time!
We ended up at Squires again, several Hippos there, plus an assortment of Kwak triples, Yams, a nice Ariel Golden Arrow and an MZ. Plus a few other bikes of course!!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:10 am If that's likely to be a regular thursday run, Steve, I'll be along next time!
Hi Al', it's not a regular run to East Kirkby, just every now and then, anyway at £8.50 for a seniors ticket (Haar much :o ) I'd've thought that might put you off ;) Or did you mean watching the Typhoons at RAF Coningsby, which is of course FREE :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Both really. I've got a bus pass, so getting there will save the entrance fee anyway....... :tw