side Stand issue?

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
graciesdadpaul

side Stand issue?

Post by graciesdadpaul »

hi all,

im in the process of restoring a j model and ive noticed that when on the side stand it leans over a long way, way to far in my opinion and it looks and feels wrong. The is some slop where the stand meets the bracket but both look straight and the frame isnt bent in any way. What sort of angle should this bike normally lean over at and has anyone else experienced this problem?

thanks
Salmanz8

Re: side Stand issue?

Post by Salmanz8 »

My K certainly leans over more than my A.
My side stand was a bit bent, after straightening it improved, but it sure leans more than any other bike i have.

When the side stand retracts, does it come back to its proper position ? You can see the tip of the side protuding out from under the exhaust ? Does it rub in the center stand ?

Sometimes the bolt or holes or both wear out, but then the side stand doesnt retract back in its correct position, as the spring pulling the stand is pulling for behind the stand.
slosher

Re: side Stand issue?

Post by slosher »

Is the slot at the top of the pivet bolt too wide worn or bent,or the plate bolted to the frame bent in anyway you may be able to alter the side stand lean with a tweak on the plate.
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)