Starter button wires smoking ?

Post your Kettle problems here and cures
NickT

Re: Starter button wires smoking ?

Post by NickT »

Hi. Excuse butting in your thread,but I'm having a similar problem. Just in rhe last throws of rebuild and the good when came off loom is having a mare. I'm getting a draw down of power when start,on,off switch connected, enough to blow fuse continuously. Disconnect and it's fine. Also seem to do it when voltage regulator connected.
Any help info greatly appreciated.
Cheers Nick
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Hi Nick

Have you read the thread through? If you have disconnected the wiring to the alternator and then reconnected them without the isolating washer then that can cause the problem

Also, it is dead easy to trap the wiring in the kill switch unit itself causing a direct earth through the handlebars. Fetch the switch off to check

Kev
NickT

Post by NickT »

Hi kev. Yeah have read thru. I didn't take the wiring off the generator. So think that's OK. The handle thing was a suspect, but still does it when off. I've put a new voltage regulator on and a spade fuse holder. I'm at a bit of a loss. It was working OK before?
Cheers Nick
NickT

Post by NickT »

Hi again anyone.
Does the brushes holder have a plastic washer to and bottom?. Mines just got 1 on the bottom screw. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Nick