Suzuki T500 gearbox parts wanted

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Stevengt750

Suzuki T500 gearbox parts wanted

Post by Stevengt750 »

Hi all i’ve recently put my Suzuki T 500 on the road and unfortunately it’s got the common wine in fifth gear.
Before I take it off the road to rebuild it I would like to source the most common parts that normally cause the problem like the fifth gear. Any advice on the most likely parts I need and if anybody’s got them for sale or even a whole gearbox they would like to sell please get in touch regards Steve
Stevengt750

Re: Suzuki T500 gearbox parts wanted

Post by Stevengt750 »

I have managed to find a few bits but still short of the fifth gear part number 24351-15003 if any one has one that they would like to sell or knows where I can buy one please get in touch thanks
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Stevengt750 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:45 pm I have managed to find a few bits but still short of the fifth gear part number 24351-15003 if any one has one that they would like to sell or knows where I can buy one please get in touch thanks
I might have one but won’t be able to get to my stash for a couple of days.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Stevengt750

Post by Stevengt750 »

that’s great when you get chance to have a look if you’ve got one let me know also any other gear box bits that you might have thanks
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I know I’ve got probably 75% of a gearbox somewhere but I’ve recently had a tidy up and now I can’t find it :roll:
I’ll have a proper look this weekend and get back to you
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Stevengt750

Post by Stevengt750 »

Thank that’s great wait to hear from you
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Stevengt750 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:29 am Thank that’s great wait to hear from you
Well I’ve hunted high and low but I can’t find the box with my gearbox spares in it anywhere. I’ve had a tidy up recently and now I can’t find anything :oops: If I come across it I’ll let you know

Stevengt750

Post by Stevengt750 »

Thanks for looking Paul Shame you couldn’t find the bits but if they do turn up please get in touch. So would like to add a fresh appeal for T500 or Gt500 gearbox parts especially the fifth gear, also does anyone know if the fifth gear is used in any other Suzuki’s as maybe I could search for one on a different model thanks in advance steve