Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
750ynot

Post by 750ynot »

Hi all, Just bought a 750A model, not a show bike, but a rider, I fell for it at 1st site, true love (wonder how long before I hate it) sorry, my sense of humour.

I know 2 strokes pretty well, but not the triple liquid cooled version, I have an RD250 LC too, another rider not show piece, hope I can learn some about the bike, and hopefully help others with what I have learned over the years.

anyway here is a pic of my new baby.
Last edited by 750ynot on Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony
Bikenbass

Re: newbie

Post by Bikenbass »

Nice!
Hello from a fellow newbie.
You're not helping with my lust for a 750! :D
750ynot

Post by 750ynot »

:lol:

I know how you feel mate, can't quite believe I have one myself.

Tony
Tony
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the forum.
slosher

Post by slosher »

Hi and welcome
You will love it once set up correct smooth as silk :P
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Except on the overrun!! :lol:
But there's an 'almost' cure for that......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:27 pm Except on the overrun!! :lol:
Sell it :tw
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

PaulD738 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:09 pm
Alan H wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:27 pm Except on the overrun!! :lol:
Sell it :tw
Worked for me! :lol:
750ynot

Post by 750ynot »

Thanks for the welcome, I already love it, its a dream come true for me, I expect problems, its 46 years old after all, everything is fixable anyway, I am used to old 2T's, mainly RD's, but many a Suzuki too, I have had a A50P X3, GT185, X5 2 of, X7 2 of, GT380, all a long time ago, Except the X5, one in the eighties and one recently, moved on to 4T's for a while but back to my true love of 2T's now, I take a bike for what it is, if it surges, it surges, depends how bad, but just a quirk of the bike by the sound of it, all part of the fun to me, someone has fitted electronic iggy, may go back to points, nothing wrong with points unless your revving high, and these don't rev high enough to warrant fitting IMHO, anyway I am looking forward to the ride in all ways :D
Tony
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

750ynot wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:13 pm Thanks for the welcome, I already love it, its a dream come true for me, I expect problems, its 46 years old after all, everything is fixable anyway, I am used to old 2T's, mainly RD's, but many a Suzuki too, I have had a A50P X3, GT185, X5 2 of, X7 2 of, GT380, all a long time ago, Except the X5, one in the eighties and one recently, moved on to 4T's for a while but back to my true love of 2T's now, I take a bike for what it is, if it surges, it surges, depends how bad, but just a quirk of the bike by the sound of it, all part of the fun to me, someone has fitted electronic iggy, may go back to points, nothing wrong with points unless your revving high, and these don't rev high enough to warrant fitting IMHO, anyway I am looking forward to the ride in all ways :D
They do vary but Baz can help you to minimise it and make it very enjoyable to ride. ;)