74' L update

You can chat about anything you like here
Keoki

74' L update

Post by Keoki »

Aloha , same George but now with a Hawaiian name. My old phone crashed , so I had to sign back up . Since then I got new Michelin road classic rubber . Good wet tread . Aftermarket shiny aluminum radiator . Keeps her nice and cool . And I had to do it , I got Jemco pipes . Waiting on the 117.5 jets to arrive . One question for now . What is the best way to keep all of the exhaust gasses in up by the coupler and spring ? I know it's hot and it would be nice to keep it from spitting back at the motor .
teazer

Re: 74' L update

Post by teazer »

To avoid, or at least minimize, that black oily mess, clean the flanges/spigots and use high temp RTV. The design is mechanically sound but needs to be updated to include O rings. For now, RTV is the way to go.

117.5 sounds a little small but it depends on what filters and if it's been ported. Mine was lean on 117.5 with Jemco pipes and UNI filters. #125 were just about spot on for my set up. Sounds way too large but that's what it wanted. I get slightly more power on the dyno with smaller mains but risk burning it down. Needles on the 4th groove.
Keoki

Re: 74' L update

Post by Keoki »

My friend and I got a good ride up the coast yesterday evening , the wind off of the ocean was fun and dodging the rain . The 117.5 jets were definitely a noticeable difference . Let me get in a few more runs , then I'll check the plugs . RTV seems to be concensus . I'm going to turn my phone off , because I am sick and tired of looking at silicone O - rings .