BUILD PHOTO'S

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
7spanner

Re: BUILD PHOTO'S

Post by 7spanner »

The Ti studs were fine, but the Aluminium nuts were cheap crap, and if you purchased after my problem, they made them thicker by 1-1.5mm - but not for me. If you search Google on BDK you should find my complaint. They whined about it but did nothing.. but in the end its they who lost out - a lot. Yes Ian is a great source and a good guy... he even did some plumbing for me!
Conversely, Accent have been exemplary and considering Uwe's English is not the best - he is definitely the best... BDK could learn... maybe.
If you look closely I have put an aluminum hose joiner there, it has a 1/8" NPT threaded vent where I can make sure the coolant is properly filled and there is not trapped air.
Chris
Chris
7spanner

Post by 7spanner »

some more...
Chris
teazer

Post by teazer »

So clean. Nice details.

Do you happen to have any pics of the alternator to share?

And thanks for the info on the BDK sleeve nuts. Stock torque setting would be too high for aluminum sleeve nuts. TZs have aluminum sleeve nuts and they are set to 14ft pounds IIRC. OEM steel GT750 nuts are around 30 Ft Lbs which I am sure would strip the threads out. Did BDK recommend a torque setting by any chance? I don't think they did with my set.
PhilGT750

Post by PhilGT750 »

Great looking build, any further updates?
[img]file:///C:/Users/Samm/Desktop/PXL_20220319_060304440.jpg[/img]
7spanner

UPDATE

Post by 7spanner »

BDK via email did recommend the torque, as I recall it was 18ft/# with grease on the threads. The result was several stripped nuts, not all but 2-3. With the SS ones that Astrax made I think we put to 24ft/# without any problem - the lower of the stock figures.
I'll look for the photo's of the generator, but now I think it was an early T250 and I had to mill the taper to fit the GT crank... a little difficult but not bad. I'm working or trying to make it charge at present, as when the revs increase the voltage drops... typical. Wiring issue I suppose.
More photo's attached.
Chris