I would like to wet some appetites !

Post here if you are doing anything different
Speed

Re: I would like to wet some appetites !

Post by Speed »

Speed

Post by Speed »

Speed

Post by Speed »

Speed

Post by Speed »

Some photos.

To do: Fit radiator had to make a new front fairing bracket as the old one fowled just about everything when the clippons were fitted, almost finished this. ignition coil brackets made and are a straight bolt on (not fitted in photo), make rear torque arm, fit speedo pickup, foot rest are the same as T500 pillon and as per the factory bikes (not fitted in photo), still got to cut out the foot controls (they are marked out haven't got round to cutting them out fully, i did make some others but the looked naff. Fit the bodywork, spoke to the painter last Thursday and he was working on it then so all go for next wednesday. Wire the bike.

If you take a close look at the rear wheel you can see the paint problem, it's not as i first thought a reaction with the magnesium but rather the laquer is laminating. They still need to be repainted though.

Getting closer !
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Appetite definitely well and truly wetted now. Nice job !!
Speed

Post by Speed »

swarbricks have had new manifolds built to suit set up better for road use and pipes are tucked slighty further under bike as well, pretty much there now, when paint is back it will be then a lot of fettling and final fitting, am looking forward to the first fire up!
Last edited by Speed on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Interesting , how are you going to control the 2 stroke flow since i can't see a mounting post for the cable ?
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

This is really looking great,hope to see it in the flesh one day,it's a credit to your hard work.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Speed

Post by Speed »

mark.read3 wrote:Interesting , how are you going to control the 2 stroke flow since i can't see a mounting post for the cable ?
Well spotted!
the throttle handle is a twin pull cable type, one cable will split into three for the throttles (current cable(s) will be replaced) and the second cable will go directly to the pump via a stop.

the lift on the throttles is about the same as the movement on the pump arm (give or take a couple of mm's).

Other info, there is no base gasket fitted to the engine but we have checked that all of the oilways are clear; 3 down to the bearings a 3 into the ports. The ports jets have been redrilled to 3.2mm and new directed spray tubes fitted, these have been flared at the base.

When the crank was rebuilt the oil deflectors were replaced with new also. As you probably know you cannot run deflectors on a premix engine.

The recirc pipes have been removed and plugged in the cases and on the block. Also the engine runs just one piston ring (top) and will be a little smokier than normal due to the recirc being removed.

Running 9 grade plugs to start with, fair to say it won't be a commuter !
Last edited by Speed on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speed

Post by Speed »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote:This is really looking great,hope to see it in the flesh one day,it's a credit to your hard work.
Thank you would not be right to take anymore credit than due as I am working with a spot on chap that knows his stuff but appreciate your kind comment