OYN 413R

Looking for your old Kettle post registration info here good luck!
didge

OYN 413R

Post by didge »

I've just realised I haven't done this reg' ( I don't think) .............OYN 413R

Sold with front end damage back in, oh lord, it must be 25 years ago, from Bridgwater in Somerset with a red A model (buy one, get the damaged one free DOH.)

It stayed reasonably local as I recall, within a 50 mile radius.

It had Burgundy paintwork, black barrels and engine cases, and chrome, even the rear drum brake was chromed, as we're the outer engine covers, duck knows why, more money than sense...

This is my mate Stewart, it's not me, honest, in around 1980, then I bought my first Harley and had the two bikes but I lost interest in my faithful ol' kettle, what a mug, I lent it to someone who "needed" some wheels, and within 10 minutes, literly, he had hit a car..............gert sad face.

yeadon_m

Re: OYN 413R

Post by yeadon_m »

Nice bike, shame about the crazy fool who bent it! bet you were not a happy bunny. Hope he was OK though.
Cheers,
Mike
didge

Post by didge »

He was ok Mike, not for long though as it turned out he had lied and actually had no insurance, so, after trying to get money out of him for months "visited" him late one night, pulled him out through his front door and bundled him into the back of my HA bedford Van, after "chatting" for a while he was released a little way up the road (quite a few miles actually) and the money showed up a little time after.

Biking was different back then. ;-)

I couldn't do it now, I'm too fat and wouldn't have the bottle any more.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I never had the bottle, even back in the day. But I'd have been cross enough to have 'phoned a friend'. Perhaps someone like you who didn't mind 'chatting' to someone to get them to see things another way :-)
Mike
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

12 bore works. I still have one 'in case'.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated