STOLEN BIKE

Looking for your old Kettle post registration info here good luck!
didge

STOLEN BIKE

Post by didge »

I know the VJMC members amongst you may have received this as an email but it doesn't hurt to make it more public, received today, it reminds us that although our bikes are old, they are still of interest to some shister somewhere, and if nothing else, worth breaking down for spares to be sold.

Be vigilant Gentlemen...................

" Good Evening Members

An unusual plea - A Hampshire VJMC member has had his Suzuki T500 stolen from his garage.

Maui blue, good condition, reg WFX 300M.

Please let me know if a T500 and/or parts suddenly come up for sale or you have any information. If you happen to be on eBay or similar, please would you check for T500?

Naturally the police have been informed.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards

Brent "
yeadon_m

Re: STOLEN BIKE

Post by yeadon_m »

Seriously upsetting stuff that. I'd rather they broke in and nicked dull, easily shiftable computers, iPads, phones etc to same value, owners of bikes have emotional attachment quite separate from cash value, at least I do. I'd be utterly distrait if someone nicked my GT380, I've had it longer than my family. I hope this fellows bike is recovered. No idea how often that happens but it must be a possibility. Fingers crossed, Mike
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

I bet this poor guy is in another place, thinking .... why me?
We put a lot of time effort, into these bikes, and to have some, S..
t, brake in and steel it....

GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

Speed

Post by Speed »

I had a fizzy nicked from my shed at my old house, did hear some noise in the middle of the night so went out and saw them driving off with it on a pick up, by the time I got in my car it took me 10 minutes to track them down, by then they had starting stripping it down and were going to cover it with a tarpauline, I had a word so to speak and got them to take it back to the house, the problem is you can strip these things down very quickly and then sell them off part by part easliy on ebay, sad state of affairs but you cant be too careful now

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:09 am.