looking for david martin , , beacon, camborne, cornwall

Looking for your old Kettle post registration info here good luck!
snowyrock

looking for david martin , , beacon, camborne, cornwall

Post by snowyrock »

Hi
Do any of the cornish members on here ?? know of a david w martin , 28 condurrow road , beacon , camborne, cornwall ?? he is a ex owner of my bike and had it for 13 years
mick 63

Re: looking for david martin , , beacon, camborne, cornwall

Post by mick 63 »

You could try the phone book see if he is still at the same address?
didge

Post by didge »

Or bang his name into "facebook", which I doubt he's on, it's more of a young persons thing, but "friends reunited" would be worth a go.
mabru

Post by mabru »

Hi Snowyrock

Unfortunately I don't know him , but we have family in Camborne so I can ask if they know of David Martin.
Do you know which years he owned the bike for?

On Sunday I went on a charity ride out, Martin Jennings run. The ride out is in memory of Martin Jennings who died in an accident at the TT in the 1980's I think. Martin Jennings had a motorcycle breakers buisness and he lived in Beacon, Camborne, so on Sunday over 1000 bikes went to this small village and I and many others were parked on Condurrow Road in Beacon. If David Martin still lives at this house I am sure he would of been out taking an interest or maybe taking part.
Mark
snowyrock

Post by snowyrock »

Thanks mabru , he owned the bike from 1996 to 2009

Its a cornish bike , originally sold by david paul motorcycles ,central garage , blackwater , truro .

other cornish owners are numbers are what year owned , Dennis symons 77, bissoe, truro ......stephen gay 77, falmouth....anthony goldsmith 78, falmouth ...john thomas 79, tregony ...julian davey 90 , twelvemeads , truro ...christopher barnicoat 92, perranwell station , truro ...
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I half expect gb2stroke to observe that the previous owners of your machine were incredibly old :-))

On a more sensible note, the DVLA can be wonderful. I found the very garage my GT750A must have been parked in Scotland in 1977 via google maps. A slip road went through the site in the 80s so quite fortunate 'my' bike wasn't still there then, but in York !
mabru

Post by mabru »

Snowyrock

Very interesting, I will see what i can find out.
During the 1970's i lived opposite David Pauls Motorcycles, a large motorcycle dealer who I bought my bikes from.
I now live by Perranwell where the bike was before David Martin owned it
snowyrock

Post by snowyrock »

Hi mabru , christopher Barnicoat owned 92-96 his address penty noweth , st pirans hill , perranwell station , truro , tr03 7py . the bike was silver grey when he owned .
Did your gt you own now come from David pauls , the ex manager from the 70s now works for Anton parris motorcycles
mabru

Post by mabru »

Snowyrock

No, I have only had my kettle two years and I could'nt find one in Cornwall, so it came from Derbyshire where it had been since new.

Anton Parris used to be a mechanic for David Pauls in the 70's and he used to service my bikes then.
As bike sales slowed in the 80's David Paul focused more on engineering, this is what he enjoyed the most and although he died a few years ago he left his business to the workers and it continues today.
Anton bought the motorcycle dealership in Camborne.

In 1977 I bought my Honda 250 from David Pauls, my brother and I were in his showroom every week so I would have seen your bike when it was new.

Post by Guest »

what is the reg of the bike you are looking for ?