looking for david martin , , beacon, camborne, cornwall

Looking for your old Kettle post registration info here good luck!
starcruiser

Re: looking for david martin , , beacon, camborne, cornwall

Post by starcruiser »

hello snowyrock, i am one of the original owners of your bike (stephen gay) from 1977, so if you have any questions regarding the bike please ask away. also at that time i worked for david paul as a motorcycle mechanic. in total i owned 5 gt750s and may still have some original pics of your bike, i am not even sure which one this is tho maybe PRL377R?, i still own my GS1000 (1979 vintage) as well as ride my trusty bandit1200 every day so old bikers just keep on going it seems!, its great to think that these classics are still going strong and that people have such a interest in them, i would love to see a pic of the bike now and get some of its more recent history, the name david martin is familiar but i cant place who it is right now, i suggest you call and ask at anton parris motorcycles camborne as they would know him for certain.
steve
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

What an amazing coming together of previous owner and Snowy!
Love to see the old pics if they exist - I've seen Snowy's bike now and it is very nice.
Mike
snowyrock

Post by snowyrock »

Hello Stephen ,
Yes i can see your name on the bikes history of owners from the dvla , and yes it is PRL377R , it would be great if you could e mail me some photos of when you owned the bike and likewise i will e mail you current ones back .
Thanks for your posting and welcome to the forum

ian.stewart903@ntlworld.com
starcruiser

Post by starcruiser »

ah yes i thought it had to be good old PRL377R, that bike came into the shop as a trade in at david pauls motorcycles blackwater when i was working there, a metalic blue GT750B, i traded in my existing gt750 on it, i sprayed the tank in metalflake (i know its a crime to even think of it now) it was the best and fastest of all my GT750s i do have a few pics of it and will endevour to get them scanned and sent, i have a facebook account if you want to look me up as its easier to add pics on there as everyone can enjoy them then. i still live at the same address as in the dvla log so if your ever out on the bike in the falmouth area do come by i would love to see it again.
steve
snowyrock

Post by snowyrock »

Hi
If you go onto the suzuki GT750 OWNERS on facebook you will see a last years photo , Metallic blue agan

im on fb ian stewart london
bigrocketrider

Post by bigrocketrider »

I know David Martin quite well - if its the same one. He brought his two british bikes to a classic bike show I run every year in Crofthandy. Really nice chap (about 70 ish). He owns 2 immaculate Rickman Mettisses'. Even at his age he is still out riding his little TL200 round my neck of the woods and normally stops for a chat if he sees me. My uncle was best man at his wedding. Its a small world.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

snowyrock wrote:Hi
Do any of the cornish members on here ?? know of a david w martin , 28 condurrow road , beacon , camborne, cornwall ?? he is a ex owner of my bike and had it for 13 years
I did a search, and you can do the rest, going through these....

https://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclient ... 80&bih=603
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

starcruiser wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm hello snowyrock, i am one of the original owners of your bike (stephen gay) from 1977, so if you have any questions regarding the bike please ask away. also at that time i worked for david paul as a motorcycle mechanic. in total i owned 5 gt750s and may still have some original pics of your bike, i am not even sure which one this is tho maybe PRL377R?, i still own my GS1000 (1979 vintage) as well as ride my trusty bandit1200 every day so old bikers just keep on going it seems!, its great to think that these classics are still going strong and that people have such a interest in them, i would love to see a pic of the bike now and get some of its more recent history, the name david martin is familiar but i cant place who it is right now, i suggest you call and ask at anton parris motorcycles camborne as they would know him for certain.
steve
I bought my GT250B from David Paul in the summer of 77. Reg PRL 370R! Small world. Kev