Courier Recommendations ??????

Tonto

Courier Recommendations ??????

Post by Tonto »

Chaps,
I've previously used "Interparcel.com" for my courier needs, and found them to be very good (usually end up with TNT), but I need to ship a set of Lester Alloy wheels (with tires) to the other end of the country, and before automatically clicking their website again, thought maybe someone in the Clinick might be able to recommend a reputable and not too costly courier for this type of shipping ??

Cheers Tim
Oldbeancanopener

Re: Courier Recommendations ??????

Post by Oldbeancanopener »

Parceltogo has always been fine for me. Normally selects Hermes as the best deal. I recently sent a GS1000 rear wheel and tyre to London with no problems. Since the post office has got so expensive I use them very regularly.

Regards

Bill
grand tourer

Post by grand tourer »

I'll go with Bill on that, they've never let me down and I've sent more than enough big stuff with them over the years, I always pay to receive a text on delivery and don't worry too much about extra insurance cover as it can be quite expensive.

I've also used Parcel 2 Go for international shipping and again excellent service.

Your call though Tim (insurance)

Andy
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

For the larger stuff, try http://www.palletforce.com/ lots of depots/pickups nationally and deliveries either next day or two days a good bit cheaper.
Prices depend on size and weight of course, and better fastened to pallets or large boxes - which may not suit some folks, but should be good for larger lumps like wheels or engines for example.
I had to make inquiries today to send some stuff from our lockup near Barnsley to our factory in Loughton, Essex, and they quoted very favourable rates.
It might be worth a punt for others with less weighty but bulky items.
Please post here if you use them for transporting wheels etc.
The stuff I will be sending is much heavier than that, but I was very impressed pricewise.
I'll be booking them next week.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
pauld

Post by pauld »

Hermes good for me too, had issues with DPD recently so will never use them again.
Paul.