History of mw GT750

Looking for your old Kettle post registration info here good luck!
davidcharlton

History of mw GT750

Post by davidcharlton »

Hi, I think I read on this forum about a guy who had made enquiries about the origins relating to his GT750.
Can anyone help please, I'm trying to find as many details as I can about my GT. The RTA here have destroyed all microfish
info after 1990, great eh, anyway, can anyone suggest how to get more info' about my 1976 GT750 Suzy.
Frame#GT75071043 engine# 77917, thanks, David. Australia
mick 63

Re: History of mw GT750

Post by mick 63 »

G'day David, am i right in thinking your bike was registered here in the uk at one time?, if so DVLA will probably have the history of your bike on their computers,

i recently got mine and it shows the dealer who imported and sold it and all its owners before me,

you can download the form from DVLA'S website i think its V888, it costs £5 and takes about 4 weeks to get back,

if you search on here theres some better info off others that inspired me to get mine, cheers Mick.
davidcharlton

Post by davidcharlton »

Thanks Mick, I don't think it was ever in the UK, more likely to have made its way to New Zealand originally as there was a faded sticker on the air cleaner cover and I could just make out a NZ dealership on the transfer, David
camper

Post by camper »

hi dave

read your story in this months flier very interesting.

best regards

ken
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

David,
+1 on the Flier article - great stuff.
Though I don't have his email, there is a fellow called 'Steve T' in Australia who knows a great deal about the 750s and might be better placed that us in UK.
Our Big Brother society occasionally has advantages, for example because of it I know the name of the importer, the dealer who sold my bike new and the name/then address of every owner right up to the guy who sold it to me. All for a few quid and the freedom of info act or some such.
I don't know if the Aussies are quite so anal about officialdom holding decades worth of motoring records. If I had to guess....no :-) for all the best reasons.
Good luck!
Mike

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:11 pm.