all most there

Post here if you are doing anything different
nitram2204

Re: all most there

Post by nitram2204 »

Went for a little test drive yesterday and all went very well. A few little things to sort but holly cow, was I pleasantly supprised with the power she's got. At +/- 4500rpm she wants to take OFF, only slightly conserning thing is the vibration but hope to meet some gt750 owners and can feel/see how much vibration they have.

Regards Martin
Attachments
IMG_2846[1].JPG
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Martin,

Great to hear and that you have power you like is better still.

Is the motor modified? or maybe you've dropped a lot weight? :-)

Kettles are fun, but not monster powerful. Quite fast enough with the original flexiflier frame and suspension! hands up everyone who's done the ton on their Kettle? (Mike takes the 5th...)

Cheers,
Mike
nitram2204

Post by nitram2204 »

Thank you for your reply Mike, have been very busy dotting the i's. One thing I should have done is, have listened to the advice about sprocket ratio (15-43). I went for 15-41, did a 18 mile test ride and it turns out way to low. My mistake and will have to change it.

The vibration once am going nicely seems not bad at all now, my first time riding a triple two stroke. I am still amazed how much power she has and toke her so easily up 8500rpm and still pulling strong. My question is, how safe is that, as I said the crank is balanced and had some porting done.

Martin
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Martin,
I read somewhere that the crank seals don't like it revved way into the redline. No idea if true. I don't think it would blow up mechanically, never heard that happening so long as jetting and timing are ok.
Cheers, Mike
kwackertone

Post by kwackertone »

Looks just like what I have in mind. What seat unit have you used?
teazer

Post by teazer »

yeadon_m wrote:Martin,

Great to hear and that you have power you like is better still.

Is the motor modified? or maybe you've dropped a lot weight? :-)

Kettles are fun, but not monster powerful. Quite fast enough with the original flexiflier frame and suspension! hands up everyone who's done the ton on their Kettle? (Mike takes the 5th...)

Cheers,
Mike
107 on 15-50 gearing on the 1/4 mile. Yes you read that correctly 15:50 When I start to go faster, I'll be able to drop the rear a tooth or more.

Nice bike.