Earwig

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
PaulD738

Re: Earwig

Post by PaulD738 »

Looks really good Alan but how will you sleep at night knowing it's not standard? :o :P
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Dead chuffin' easy!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

V tasty, Alan - top job!
Mike
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Thanks chaps.
Hopefully more progress here while everyone else is in the pee-ing rain at Stafford!!
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Hi Alan,is that a GS master cylinder your using??
I fitted the GS 1000 calipers on the 750,but retained the GT master cylinder,as they apparently fitted these to the early GS's.This set up works very well,and is a lot better than the standard GT calipers.Bike is looking great,hope you have it finished,and on the road for the Rally in July??

Cheers,John.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

It's a 1200 Bandit master cylinder and there will be a pair of GS1000 calipers too. I'll be struggling to get the bike finished for the rally (fingers crossed though) but I want to get it finished for the classic TT in August.
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Just picked some chomework up from Agbriggs' today.
This was only dropped off a fortnight or so ago, and was actually ready last week, but I couldn't get to Leeds to pick it up until today.
I asked what they could do with the parts (some I actually got out of the 'scrap' box) and while one or two bits aren't show standard, in the main they are absolutely brilliant. That's taken care of the decision of what fork 'ears' will be fitted anyhow - standard!!! I shan't have to buy any after market ones now.
Fortunately the lamp I'm using isn't on the A isn't standard, so that's OK then.
The headlamp bowl they did is like new and will go in the 550J box (next year's project) as will the chainguard and some of the other bits.
But that will be another thread all in good time.
Attachments
Dead blingy!!!
Dead blingy!!!
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I 'heart' shiny :-)
Nice job, Alan,
Mike
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Just picked some chomework up from Agbriggs' today.
This was only dropped off a fortnight or so ago, and was actually ready last week, but I couldn't get to Leeds to pick it up until today.
I asked what they could do with the parts (some I actually got out of the 'scrap' box) and while one or two bits aren't show standard, in the main they are absolutely brilliant. That's taken care of the decision of what fork 'ears' will be fitted anyhow - standard!!! I shan't have to buy any after market ones now.
Fortunately the lamp I'm using isn't on the A isn't standard, so that's OK then.
The headlamp bowl they did is like new and will go in the 550J box (next year's project) as will the chainguard and some of the other bits.
But that will be another thread all in good time.
Yummy
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Engine in - with the help of Mr. Profanity, who seem to have taken up residence at least until this bike is running!